Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a French Unique UIT standard match pistol in a trade. It's in great shape and the grip fits me perfectly. Just ran a box of Fed711B and CCI SSHP through it and function is fine. Accuracy free hand was good as well. Anyone own or use one of these pistols? It has a 10-round magazine in the grip and an external hammer simmilar to a Vostok but with large ergonomic grips and adjustable palm shelf.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Unique

I had a Unique 69 with the external hammer, large ergonomic grips and adjustable palm shelf.. My wife claimed it when she got me a Hammerli 208 or Christmas one year. We use to shoot in a winter indoor NRA bullseye pistol league a few years ago. I always felt that the Unique shot better than the Hammerli. I shot better scores with it, and it was embarrassing when my wife would beat me and the Hammerli with that French Unique.

Joe

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, same gun.....

model 69 stamped on barrel weight. What do you think it's worth? If it's not valuable I'll remove the muzzle weight and add a suppressor. I'll not be shooting competitively with it and the suppressor makes .22 pistols more fun to shoot socially.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Unique 69

My Gun "Blue Books" are at home and I will not be home for another 3 weeks, aso I can't tell you thevalue of your Model 69. I don't believe it has any collector value, but to a competitive pistol shooter, I think it would be worth about $600 US dollars.

As you are talking about a "suppressor" I am sure you do not live in the USA.

Joe :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Joe. Value is more than I expected, I was thinking it was a $200 gun. I think I'll leave it alone! I'm down in the Caribbean. It's funny how gun laws work so differently around the world. Did you know that in the UK if you have a job (as in paying job and yes, they do exist) shooting foxes or similar vermin the workplace laws can actually require you use a suppressor? 'Health and safety issues' was how it was explained to me. I just hate noise and recoil so shoot mostly small guns and suppress most.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Suppressors

Can you tell us how many decibles a suppresor will reduce the sound intensity on the .22 rimfire. On a centrfire rifle?

Ear plugs or ear muffs will reduce it by about 30 decibles. Plugs and muffs together: A maximum of about 45 decibles.

Our suppressor (silencer) law was passed in the 1930's when gangsters were running wild here.

I sometimes wonder if I and several million other American shooters would still have normal hearing if that law had not been passed.

Joe

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't give you measurments and if I could, decibel measurements are misleading because of the logmarithmic calculation. Subjectively I can say that a suppressed 223 (mine has 22" barrel) sounds like a 22 Stinger from a long-barrelled 22 rifle. A suppressed 22LR rifle sounds quieter than an adult air rifle. A suppressed 22 pistol sounds like a loooooong barrelled match rifle shooting SS match ammo like 10X or 900B. I use suppressors mostly based on practicality rather than efficiency. Parker Hale steel rimfire suppressors are small, indestructible and nicley polished and blue, they are not the quietest but that's all I use. Reflex CF steel cans have most of the can mounted BEHIND the muzzle so they are compact and don't much effect the ballance of the gun but they are not the quietest. I use aluminium cans on pistols so the ballance isn't affected much. Hearing protection doesn't work for me in hunting situations and I only shoot paper to zero guns. I do a bit of IPSC and Service Pistol shooting and use ear muffs then. My 'funnest' gun is a 77/22 with PH suppressor, match trigger and VQ magazine converted for 22Shorts. It makes no noise with CCI Match Shorts and I shoot it inside buildings for vermin birds as well as plink with it. Sorry for the long post.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.