Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Anschutz St ???????

642 6
Anyone familiar with this rifle and its characteristics? Quality, where does it stand in the Anschutz line? And what is good price? Thanks~!

Brian
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but no!!!

The barrel is stamped "Anschutz ST" as is the action. No numbers anywhere but the serial number. It is clip fed, has a wood stock with a vented forearm. The trigger is a two stage with the 2nd stage adj. ahead of the trigger. Thus far I have been unable to locat any info on this model and it level of "quality".

Anyone?

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Tenspot,
I did a little more research - looked in a Gun Digest "Blue-Book" type thing. In the mid 90's Anschutz imported what they called their "Achiever ST" This was an entry level Junior target rifle designed for "the advanced junior shooter" as opposed to their standard "Achiever" (which was a slightly shorter version - for younger juniors, I assume). The ST had a 3/4" dia 22" barrel. The length of pull was adjustable (by removing a spacer) from 14 1/4" to 13 1/4". It had an accessory rail on the forend. Was a single shot with a 2-stage trigger. There are three "slots" cut into the front portion of the stock that appear to be about 1/2" X 3 or 4" long.
Blue Book value in 100% condition shows about $400. I think the action is the same as their MK2000, which was discontinued in the late 80's. This, based on the price, was a lesser-quality action than the 64.

From the pictures & description I'd guess it is about the equivalent to, & maybe the same action as, their current Model 1451E "Junior Target single-shot. These are currently available new from Champion's Choice for $305 w/o sights.

Hope this helps some.................

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Claybuster!

You hit it dead on, except the one I found had a clip. It was in mint condition, had about 20 rounds through it. Fella was asking $400, I did not really "know" what it was as far as quality level, so I told him I would think about. I found a report on it in it at Gun Test, comparing it to the Marlin 2000 but better. Gun test said the Acheiver ST retailed for $490. I figured on passing on the rifle in favor of a 54 or 64. Appreciate the info!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.