Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
undefinedundefinedundefined

Like to know how much an Anschutz model 64 ms 1980 or 1986 in over all good condition.Without sights

Do you think $600.00 is too much for that rifle ?

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Depends on the stock, condition...

if it has match or target sights. A nice stock, with the original box, paper work and target sights might justify that high a price.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yo Dan !
This particular Anschutz do not have sights and stocks looks like your's ... But its 64 match tirgger little ding here and there rifling looks very shiny dosent looks like its been abused but it is an used Anschutz. That year and stock seems hard to find ? No Paper or box no other acce... only rifle

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Since I paid $618 new in box...

and have seen recent 64 MSR's for sale at Gunsamerica for $550-$650, unless there is something unique about the older 64 keep shopping.

Check with Thad Scott and some other dealers for used 64's. There are a couple great used 54's at various prices on Guns America and two nice 1416 HB 22 LRs that are only $400.

If you really like the rifle and have the money, buy it. Otherwise it seems a bit over priced based on what I've seen used 64's go for.

·
Registered
157 Posts
anschutz 64ms

Condition is everything. I paid total $900.00 O.T.D. for a 64ms(1992) with very nice rings and mounts (Leupold/burris deluxe) and a Leupold 12 power varmint scope with target knobs. The whole package was almost new. A "closet queen" . On the other hand a friend of mine just bought the same gun, with a fixed 10 power Leupold and rings for 500.00!!! Why ? The rifle AND the scope were really beat up. Now,for 500.00 its a good deal. So was mine for 900.00 Condition!!!

·
Registered
520 Posts
64 MS values

I agree whole heartedly with ap3572001 as to the condition driving the price of a 64 MS or perhaps for that matter, virtually any other fine weapon. Against my (unfortunately retrospective) better judgement, I sold a 64 MS closet queen with rings and a decent quality fixed power scope for $600 in the late 80's. This particular older model 64 MS had the style of trigger without the through the stock side adjustment. The trigger adjustability on this rifle was good, but certainly not great by contemporary Anschutz standards. Last year I paid $675 (plus tax) for a most gently used newer model 64 MS closet queen with rings. This one has the newer style through the side of the stock adjustable trigger with a seemingly much greater range of adjustability. Owing to the better trigger and lighter pull, it seems to me to shoot even better for me than the earlier one. I was pleased with the deal and I feel that I received a relatively good value for my market.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.