Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought an Anschutz Match 54 rifle. This unit has a manufacture year of 1969. I am using the rifle for local bench shooting. Present trigger is a little more than 1 pound pull. I want to upgrade the trigger to enable me to get down into the 8oz. range. For this particular rifle I have been told the 5071 trigger assembly is a 2 stage direct bolt in. I am wanting some confirmation on this information and also does anyone have a match trigger for sale. I have checked with a couple places and they say it would be special order 60-90 days.

Thanks in Advance.

· Registered
1,241 Posts
cpeters: the 5071 is the one you want. I just put one on a rifle for a buddy. They cost $227 and I got it from champion's choice in TN. There are a few small hitches in installing the 5071. The thing basically just bolts up but you do have to cut a small crosswise clearance slot on the bottom of the action at the back. I milled the slot but the back of the action is so darn hard it ruined my endmill. If I had to do it again I would grind it in. You could use a die grinder or maybe even a dremel tool. The slot is for clearance for a little cross pin that the 5071 trigger has. The other consideration is the safety. Your old style bolt has a safety and the 5071 trigger has a safety too. To install the 5071 trigger with the safety on it you'll have to do a little routing on your stock to make a slot for it. I chose to take the safety off of the 5071 since it is of no use. The safety assembly comes off by removing a few "e" clips and sliding the parts off. I put them in a zip lock baggie for future use.

I just bought a used barreled action (hasn't come yet though) that I think has a 5071 trigger on it that I might sell. There are two types of 5071 trigger. The old style uses epoxyed in taper pins for pivot pins for all the internals. The new ones use pins with "e" clips on each end. The "e" clip design is a little better. Also, the current production 5071 has an extra adjustment that the old one does not. The new 5071 has a sliding cam that gives a little more range of pull. The cam does not allow the new trigger to be adjusted lighter just heavier. I may upgrade this action I have on the way to the new style trigger. Email me if interested.

· Registered
10 Posts
Pdeal
You obviously know more about these than I do, but my Anschutz catalogue lists the 5071 trigger as being exclusively for the 16 Series (Serial number ending in X), from 1974-1979, serial numbers 143655X to 182155X.
Rifles listed after this used trigger 5018 and 5020.

Did you try the used barreled action before you bought it? If it is a 16 series, they are some of the most accurate rifles Anscutz made. I use a 1613 for prone, and my daughter uses a 1607 for prone + 3-P.
I just bought another 1607 (with the light weight barrel), yesterday, and it shoots very well. I just wish my Burris Signature rings would arrive from the USA (been waiting 8 weeks), so I can see just how accurate it is.(With Eley of course!)

Regards

Walter in England

· Registered
1,241 Posts
Walter: The 5071 fits both the 16xx rifles and the 14xx rifles. As far as I can tell the 16xx rifles were of an intermediate design. The only difference between the 5071 and the 5018 triggers is the placement of the little hook that engages the firing pin. One is farther forward than the other but not much- maybe .050". While the firing pin on the 16xx bolts are different than the 14xx bolts the way the firing pin engages the trigger is the same so the 5071 goes right onto the old ones too with a few minor modifications as stated above.

I mostly got the extra barreled action so I'd have something to tinker with while still being able to shoot my rifle. Someone fluted the barrel on the one I have on the way, pretty deeply supposedly, so I am not hoping for much on the barrel. I also got a good deal on it because of this. We'll see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.