Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Anschutz 64ms 1994. I am looking to buy a 54ms. How would a 54ms compare off the bench to say a 1411 or a 1413? Or a 1710? My 64ms /12 power LEU can shoot UNDER 1/2 for 10 shots (wolff target) all day, with very little effort. Would a 54 be MUCH better?

·
Registered
713 Posts
AP,
You have mentioned 4 different styles of stocks in your list (prone, position, silhouette, and hunting), 3 barrel weights, and 2 different actions. So, there is no easy answer to your quesetion. The 54 action is generally agreed to be superior to the 64, but that does not put the bullet on the paper. Obviously, the stock styles have certain features that make them more appealing to certain positions/type of shooting. If you are going to stay strictly on the bench, the ms is probably the stock style most conducive to that type of shooting and a step up to the 54 action should be much better.
Al

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Hard to say.
"Under 1/2 inch 10 shot groups all day" is very hard. I can't do it regularly with any of my Annies.

There is no doubt the 54ms will feel nicer, be a stiffer action, and perform better for more years, that kind of thing.....

But I don't think it will shoot much better. They are both held to the same accuracy standards from the factory. My 54.18MSR 10 shot factory target was about .5 inches, so the gun can do it, but I am the limiting factor...

Consistent sub-1/2 inch 10 shot groups is good for **any** rimfire in my book. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.