Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I have decided to purchase a Classic Anschutz 1710, is it worth buying the heavy barrel version and accept the extra (8Ibs v 7.3Ibs) weight? - will it be more accurate than the standard barrel?, it has been quite difficult to get black and white answers from anybody.

btw, I will be using it for rabbit shooting but also informal benchrest/target shooting, I really want a very accurate .22rf.

Does the 1710 benefit from bedding the action?.

All replies greatly appreciated.

Jason

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies, it seems quite difficult to find out whether the hb is actually more accurate than the sporter barrel, It seems both are very accurate rifles, my intention was to buy the hb and reduce the barrel length from the 23.6" to around 19" as I will be fitting a PES ( http://www.suppressor.co.nz/news.htm )sound moderator. This will both reduce the weight to not far off the sporter weight barrel plus moderator weight and keep the length down, my only concern is that cutting, recrowning and threading the barrel even if done by the best custom house in the UK may reduce accuracey due to the Anschutz barrels incorporating a choke. Anyone have any opinions on this?.

All the best

Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.