Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience with one of these rifles? I have seen a few listed around $900. This price may indicate the rifle is a slow mover.
There are no dealers in my area and I would like to hold one before parting with that much cash.
The intended use would be a target/small game (squirrel) rifle.
I have seen weights for the 1702 listed from 6.2, 7.3, and 8 lbs. in Anschutz literature. It seems Anschutz doesn't know how much the rifle weights.
I already own a 1416 and while it is a joy to carry, the forend is small, almost frail feeling. It also is not very stable in a rest as a flat bottom forend.
And of course, how do it shoot?

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I wish I had one to play with.

I do have a 1717D and my bud has a 1710D, same guns except for the caliber.

All the 17xx series are very nice, and as far I can tell, you can't go wrong wth getting one. :)

When I get 'em, all I do is put a lighter trigger spring in, adjust the trigger down to 14-16 oz, adjust the sear properly, wipe the action down, and put 'em back into the stock with 34-36 inch/lbs of torque.

That's it for my Annie Sporter prep, after that you just go shoot and enjoy. :)

Have done that with 5 Annie Sporter's in the last couple of years, and they all shoot way better'n I can. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.