Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my first post. I recently bought this gun and was hoping that you could identify it for me. I am led to believe that it's a model 1530.It has double set triggers, it's a single shot and it is chambered in. 222. I can't seem to find anything else that has a stock like that and is a single shot. It has a Pecar 4-10 variable scope on it. The manufacture year is 1968. I bought it in a package deal so it is hard to say what I gave for it. If any of you have any insights on it and a estimate on the value I would appreciate any information you can give me. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
Nice rifle. I think you’ll find it shoots very well. I haven’t seen many single-shot .222 Anschutz rifles. I owned a couple of repeaters with the full length stock, no DST.

The only other comment I would make is be very careful to not hot rod it, or try to make it into a .223. The barrel is no doubt marked “Factory Load Only.” And for good reason. One of the Anschutz people here (Steve Boelter?) told us that the Anschutz engineers were very concerned about anyone rebarreling or rechambering the .222s. They felt the action is on the ragged edge of strength (pinned barrel and rear locking lugs). Even if it were safe, though, warm loads will shorten the life of the rifle. I think I would even back off factory-level pressure loads, if you reload. I’m not usually a super cautious person regarding action strength, given the margins of safety in most designs, but I think it is warranted in this case.
On the other hand, with the lighter plastic-tipped bullets, that rifle will shoot flatter than most old .223 loads, and therefore has considerably greater range than in the past, so no need to push it.
Let us know how it shoots.
TBR

·
Registered
880 Posts
The barrel is no doubt marked "Factory Load Only."
In 1968? I wouldn't be so sure.

I don't believe it's a 1530. In a catalogue from the early seventies the 1530 is shown as a beech-stocked repeater - their economy model of .222 Rem. There is no single-shot .222 Rem shown, but the equivalent in .22 Hornet, assuming the double trigger is of the hunting type, is 1432 ESt, so I would suggest the OP's gun is 1532 ESt. I would concur with the comments regarding the qualities and strength of the rifle.

Let us know how it performs.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I might add that it's my understanding that rifles of this type were intended for target-shooting under the auspices of the German hunting association (DJV) for qualification and competition purposes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts