Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
RE: : Gun Tests April 2003

ski, a long time member of this forum, reported the april issue of gun-test.com may have used the anschutz 1517 D HB classic for the test.
The Old Deer Hunters Web site also has tested the 1517 D HB and this link will send you to the page and the results of their testing.

http://www.clcweb.net/Shooting/Anschutz_1517_Rifle/anschutz_1517_rifle.html

EA6

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Walking Point,
Another article was written by Craig Vander Ploeg, [email protected]. publisher of On-Target magazine, after the 2002 shot show. Craig purchased the 1517 MPR and the test resultes are as follows: The best 5-shot group at 100 yards measured .24" center to center, with a ten-group average of .43". A 50-shot group, shot over a period of more than five minutes in variable 10 M.P.H winds, measured 1.04" This test was accomplished in August of 2002.

EA6

·
Registered
193 Posts
A6E,
Thanks for the info on that other article. I happen to own a 1517 MPR and am not surprised by the reported accuracy. I have shot a 50 yd 3 shot group in the .10's (my best to date) and average in the .30's. I am going to have to clear some more brush out of the backyard to extend my range to 100 yds.
An interesting note on the original article you inquired about. That 0.8 in avg was shot with a 6 power scope. I wonder how much better it would have been if he stepped up the power a bit.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Walking Point,
I plan on using a Leupold 6.5X20 EFR Target on my 1517. The Leupold will come from my Sako 223 and be replaced with a T36.

A6E

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Willymakit,
This web site for auctions may have a listing for Leupold Scopes. http://www.auctionarms.com
I like the Leupold, however, a Weaver 6x24 would be another good setup for the Anschutz. I have the Leupold 6x20 EFR on the Sako 223 and may put put a T36 on the Sako, if Camp Perry has any good buys this year. If that happens I will put the Leupold on the Anschutz.
Last week I shot a Ruger HMR with the Weaver and the scope adjustments are the best I have found on a hunting scope. I just don't care for the 1/4 clicks, 1/8 clicks woulkd be a better setup for the HMR.

EA6

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.