Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well, since there are two going already on the HMR and HM2 forums, which are not doing too well as far as response / pics of groups, thought i'd try one here with a slightly diff twist of "rules".

ANY RIMFIRE; 17's, 22 mag, 22 lr, whatever ya got, but gotta be shot at 50 yds minimum. yea, i know, the 17's may be in a diff class as the 22's, but show them 17's how to do it. if this takes off, we can seperate the two calibers. and if ya want, you can shoot at 100 yds for the farther reaching hummers, or just stick to 50 yds as a lot of ranges are restricted to 50. just mark your targets so everyone knows what the yardage is, and it wont hurt to let us know what kind of gun, ammo, scope, etc, wind speed if known or take a guess. this is an honor system, there is no "best" shooter and will not get a medal, trophy, award, trip to disneyland or anything. just a fun gun shoot.

what do you all think ??

BTW people, if any of you already have some groups, start posting so we can see what you are doing with your gun and get this started.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
RICOCHET said:
BTW people, if any of you already have some groups, start posting so we can see what you are doing with your gun and get this started.
Sounds good to me. I haven't posted anything in the .17 forums cause I don't have anywhere to shoot 100 yards from a bench. I'm posting the BEST group I ever shot with my Cooper .22. I've shot some pretty good groups, but nothing even close to this one.

5 shots at 50 yards. Cooper Classic with 6-18 VXII and Wolf ME.
I measured it with a ruler and got .088, but after I got a set of calipers it measured again and got .057.
I'll post some groups later from the 10/22.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I have shot smaller averages for ten 5 shot groups. But not smaller groups than #6 and #8. This done at 50 yards using 22LR.

Then there is this also with 22LR, in a Cooper LVT, but at 100 yards. It measured .46 inches CTC. Don't get this lucky all the time. But one seems to get lucky more often shooting a Cooper.

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
WOW,

hey guys that is some great shooting !! wonder if any 22 mag shooters out there ?? or you guys may have scared them off, lol. will be shooting my 22mag as soon as the wind is tolerable, < 10MPH ?

here is an old group with the 22 mag at 100 yds

need to test more ammo and tighten up the groups, but am having fun.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.