Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am in the email matches now!!! Yahoo, this is pretty fun. What a great stress reliever. You guys sure know how to help the economy, this 10/22 thing gets in a guy. Probably have to tune up a bolt head now too....

I am new to shooting 22's for score, but I have shot indoor and outdoor target archery for years and love it. Took off from work at noon today before the weather got too sour up here. Shot a 25yd Outdoor BAB, and 25 & 50yd Outdoor. Wind changed and picked up on me, but whats a guy to do. Shot the BAB with Fed510, the others with Eley Trainer. Got several versions of Lapua, Eley, and Wolf to try, but want warm calm weather for serious testing.

Sure helped reading veryone tips and tricks on here before shooting a score! I have got to learn to slow down, and maybe ask the budget appropriations committee (read wife) for a 36X scope allocation ;)

Thanks everyone for a great way to enjoy a pasttime.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Tenspot--glad to have you shooting with us. About that commitee, some decisions are best made by a committee of one. Then you can make a report after-the-fact to the full committee at a time of your choosing.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah yes, the ol "better to ask forgiveness than permission" ;);) I do hear you there Forester. I am glad to be in here, I really enjoy punching paper, no matter the projectile. Gotta figure out what is going on with Weaver T36's and the Meade Instrument buyout.

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
If'n your shootin' a 10/22, with out all that loadin' an' ejectin' stuff. The targets go purdy quick..... Shoot, I usully have at least fifteen minutes to pick lint out of ma navel before the timer goes off...tehe! JL

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
..and if you get the"swing" figured out, they make for some pretty good "pass shootin". But take your time to set up on each row and just go in one direction. If you try to go right, left, right left, You'll get messed up and end up leading them wrong :D :D :D

·
Registered
848 Posts
Tenspot,
I am so glad you have decided to join us.Now start spending more money,shooting more,planning more.No time for worries.....mind consumed by .22 rimfires.No room for anything else!.:D
Mike

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Boy Pinball, now you sound like my wife. Consumed by rimfire shooting, no time for anything else. While traveling this past week we went by a gunshop which I happened to point out. She says what, you need a gun fix, you haven't shot in almost two days. When I held out my shaking hand it didn't generate the sympathy one would hope for. I guess I can't complain, 2300 mile road trip mostly for rimfire and she didn't strangle me.

Welcome aboard Tenspot.

Ken

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks gentlemen!

Ron, in archery we call that drive by shooting.....Punching the release trigger as you drive that ol pin right on by the X.....

This consumption thing, does it end? Do I wake up somewhere in a ditch outside a bar called the Red Rooster and realize I've been dreaming?? I'll get me a 36X scope, but it won't be enough will it? And that Blaster Silhouette stock, it is just so wrong for bench scores! (it is, that dang heel drop on the butstock just does not sit on the rear bag right).

I bought the bare gun new at the fairgrounds gun show in Rons back yard over Thanksgiving and I'm dang near embarrassed to say to how much money, time, and effort I got into it by now!

MAC, yep, stress relief!! That timer thing, well the ol click clack actually hurts a guy I think, to fast! When I shoot, I can concentrate and forget about everything else: work, school, etc....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.