Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Issue: it does not feed hollowpoints. I've tried three types of Remmington HPs and all get caught on the "bump" between the feed ramp and barrel? The upper is on a Ruger MK III.

Has anyone had this issue? Other than going exclusively to round nose, would polishing the bottom of the chamber so that it "flows into" feed ramp work?

Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
10,972 Posts
My pac lite was a jam-o-matic the first 2 months I had it.
now it functions good with round nose and hollow points.

I finally go mad one night and took if off the frame and used a cleaning rod and brass brush coated heavy with JB Bore past and scrubbed on it for over 30 minutes. Then washed it good with hot soapy water and took a bore mop and Flitz and worked on it for another 30 minutes polishing it up.

Washed with hot soapy water gain and dried and lubed it good and that solved my problems. It is on a MKII frame. It does not fit real tight to the frame I have made a shim out of a piece of soda can.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Issue: it does not feed hollowpoints. I've tried three types of Remmington HPs and all get caught on the "bump" between the feed ramp and barrel? The upper is on a Ruger MK III.

Has anyone had this issue? Other than going exclusively to round nose, would polishing the bottom of the chamber so that it "flows into" feed ramp work?

Any advice is appreciated.
To be honest, I think that the problem may be easier to remedy than the polishing. Mine hate Rem. ammo. Especially the Rem. Hollowpoints. Both of my Pac-Lites hate it. If you still need to have the hollowpoints, the Federal Bulk stuff feed without flaw or function problem in mine.

FWIW

JJ

·
Registered
110 Posts
Remington bulk ammo is pure junk. I tried it in a new MK3 bull barrel and it too was a jamomatic and when it did feed I had a lot of FTF. I was really dissatisfied till I went with Federal ammo. Everything that I tried in Federal ammo, including American Eagle, has fed flawless. That's pretty much all I'll buy for now on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.