Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Another 10/17 Magnum to Try Tomorrow

707 5
Another 10/17 Magnum to Try Tomorrow

I just finished inletting the Hogue stock for my 10/17 with a 77/17 Target Grey barrel, and putting it together. Got a great feel, but it's a heavy gun. Right at 10lbs., a little weighty for my taste, and compared to the 7.75 lbs of the Whistle pig barreled rifle, but the shooting will tell.
Looks kinda neat with the Hogue stock, and blue/black action and trigger, and Simmons 1048 on top. Then that long grey barrel.
I can't wait to give it a try, hope it's the shooter I think it will be.
Wish I could get a picture to post, I'd show them to ya.
Andy:)
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice Looking as Usual

I always liked your rifles Ted. I am a lefty, so the bottom one has it's deffinet appeal.
I have a Richards walnut stock on order for a 10/22 magnum in the Modern Classic Sporter with the varmint forearm in a lefty of course. I hope to have that gun done this fall now, as I will look around for a good used action again to put it together with.
Thanks for posting the pictures, and maybe if I can get a picture taken and someone to post them, I'll do the same. Andy

· Registered
233 Posts
I tried 2 of those conversion. One with a 22 inch barrel and one with an 18.5 inch.
The long one (done for a friend, thank goodness) worked the first time, and continues to be excellent for him.
My 18.5 was a LONG and DANGEROUS struggle (including blown out heads!) which I finally gave up, dropping the barrel into a 96/22mag, where IT worked perfectly the first time, and continues to be a dream. Light weight too; about 7 pounds.

BTW-Are we allowed to post pictures here? I thought the rules said no attachmnets...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.