Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which Bolt Recoil Buffer will give you the best performance?
I will GUARANTEE a minimum 100,000 (One-Hundred-Thousand) round service life from a WeaponKraft Buffer when used in a Ruger 10/22 LR. :t
Feed that gun ANY .22 Long Rifle round you want, Hyper-Velocity included! :D
Shoot as many Stingers and Aguila Super-Max rounds as you like; 100,000 rounds is STILL the MINIMUM guaranteed life!

Why do you even WANT a Bolt Recoil Buffer? :confused:
You’ll know as soon as you fire that first round after installation! ;)

Take Care! - Dakotan

·
Registered
19 Posts
Dakotan said:
You'll know as soon as you fire that first round after installation! ;)

Take Care! - Dakotan
i can say that is a 100% correct statement. i ordered buffer/extractor well before christmas, got the rifle for xmas, and [stupidly] thought "gee, i'll see if i can 'wear in' the factory parts before i go swapping out to aftermarket"

about 5 boxes later, with about 5-8 jams/stovepipes per magazine, i swapped out the buffer and extractor and HAVE NOT had a single jam since - thunderbolts, american eagle, CCI target, velocitors, and lightning. action cycles quieter and much less "bounce" on a shot.
promptly ordered another extractor and buffer for my dad's rifle as well. swapping out parts should have been the first thing i did xmas morning!

definitely the first thing you should swap out, and best $20 you can spend on a 10/22

ledz

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
GO Reed GO!

Buffers, we dune neeedz no steenkeen Buffers....OH, that badges, badges, no badges needed.....

Buffers, yes we need buffers, the weaponkraft buffer to be exact:t

Superb buffers from a great guy to do business with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I took the bolt out anyway...curiosity..

Then I chamfered the bolt and gave it a good cleaning

Will it ever end..

Cant wait to try it out...

Thanks Reed!

Cal:t

·
Registered
768 Posts
OK, I'm NOT trying to be difficult here...

I bought a used 10/22 that is factory stock, but I have no idea how many rds it has through it. Suffice it to say, it's broken in.

To this point I have had no issues with the rifle, why would I want to change what works? Convince me.;)

I posted this not because I don't believe in the product or the need for a buffer but because I know there are some folks out there wondering the same thing.

PS, a performance kit is on the list of items for my build. :t

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All I Can Say Is "Ask The Man (and/or Woman) That Shoots With One"!

You have to actually shoot a 10/22 with a Buffer to understand how much it does for the gun overall.
Next time you shoot your 10/22 pay really close attention to what it FEELS like. Every movement, noise, sensation.....
For instance that lovely SMACK that the bolt makes when it hits the STEEL Bolt Stop Pin during recoil. Especially with Stingers! :D
Then think of what that energy transfer does to the rest of the gun..... Like contributing to muzzle rise and felt recoil, stressing the receiver, rattling the rather intricate workings of your likely rather expensive optics, etc? You can see where I'm going here.

Now think of what shooting that gun WITHOUT that energy transfer would feel like. How? Bolt Recoil Buffering. ;)

I never planned on actually SELLING these things! I simply wanted a better Bolt Recoil Buffer FOR MYSELF than what was out there a few years back. I tried what was out there; they were expensive and they sucked, and finally I dug through all the various Polymers and finally found this particular urethane alloy. After testing there was no point in looking any further! I had MY BUFFER..... and TONS of the material left over, and just laying there! :p
The obvious thing to do was to cut it into buffers, and sell it to the guys on the forum. Not so much for the $$, but because they WORKED! Word got around, I made more of them, then those were gone! THEN somebody said they wanted socket head Takedown Screws, so I started making those things. SNOWBALL EFFECT! Suddenly I was a sponsor with a website, and I put together "package deals" that work as "all-in-one" systems, and I make the occasional custom stock when my body lets me. (Got seriously smucked in a car accident in '99; I'm mostly disabled)
Other Buffer makers cite "protecting the receiver from damage" as a main consideration for the product.
My main goal was not getting my fillings rattled each time I squeezed the trigger!
The other benefits were "side efects" to me! My Buffers also have a beneficial effect on action timing that happens to aid reliability. ChiefDave verified this a while back. That's where the "Reliability Package" came from! And it works!:D

awp101, I absolutely see your point! The gun works, why screw with it?
Vinyl upholstry works too, why would anyone want LEATHER! LOL!

People who "aren't quite sure" about the product are a given with stuff like this, and with bloody good reason!
There are a LOT of 10/22 parts that flatly don't do what they say they will.
That's why I have a money back performance guarantee.... that I've never had to pay out in 2 + years, and thousands of Buffers later!
You won't be disappointed! ;)

(whew! long one!)

Take Care! - Dakotan

·
Registered
310 Posts
Re: OK, I'm NOT trying to be difficult here...

awp101 said:
I bought a used 10/22 that is factory stock, but I have no idea how many rds it has through it. Suffice it to say, it's broken in.

To this point I have had no issues with the rifle, why would I want to change what works? Convince me.;)

I posted this not because I don't believe in the product or the need for a buffer but because I know there are some folks out there wondering the same thing.

PS, a performance kit is on the list of items for my build. :t
I just ordered the performance package I should get it in a few days. I'll let you know what i think. I'll be sure to shoot my gun right before i install it then directly after it's installed. This should allow me to really notice the difference.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Dakotan said:

I will GUARANTEE a minimum 100,000 (One-Hundred-Thousand) round service life from a WeaponKraft Buffer when used in a Ruger 10/22 LR. :t
Dakotan
Hey Dakotan,
That's ONLY 0.1 million :p:p:p:p:p
I need to get me one in the near future. I'll possibly be sending you a check tomorrow, or 2 weeks from then:)
Paul

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well.....

I don't know if "Stranglehold" is around here anymore, but a LONG time ago he had 280,000 rounds and counting on one, and hasn't reordered that I know of! :D
Now we're up to 0.28 MILLION! LOL!:D ;) :t

Take Care - Dakotan

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
That's a LOT better

FYI, I got the email you sent,. Check's going out in today's mail. PLUS one to Brookie for the spring kit for my CZ
Paul

·
Registered
310 Posts
Got home from work today to find my performance package in the mail. I promtly went inside, installed, and tested it out. Before installing the package i was having problems with stove pipes and miss freeds. Now everything seems to work perfect:t . The bolt buffer is a big improvement over the stock on. My gun barely moves after a shot is fired and allows me to get back on target much faster, recoil is also signifacanty reduced.

The take down scew is much nicer then messing with the stock philips head screw, along with the suplied allen wrench it makes take down easyer and faster. The VQ extractor works perfect and ejects spent shell like a champ.

Bottom line: Great performance, great price, great service, you can't loose:t

-TH

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.