Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I did a search and found nothing on this. Someone somewhere make an adapter for the MKII take down lever. The "pin" is an allen head shoulder bolt that screws into place. Remove the shoulder bolt, and the bolt can be extracted for cleaning. No more prying that insipid little finger gashing lever! Or missing the hammer strut during reassembly. I've seen it in a catalog, and I've seen one in use, now I cannot find it listed anywhere. :confused: Grrrrr!!!

·
36,633 Posts
I don't remember the name of the company that made them. I looked into it but they don't work with a scope attached so I forgot about it. If you don't get an answer here go over to the MKII.org Forum and those guys will have an answer for you.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe yours is easy. Mine needs at the very least needs paper clip (as is sugested in the manual). Been there, done that. Pain in the keester. Allen wrench set resides in the gun bag. Always. No paper clips though. I never met a gun, car or large machine that could not be improved upon.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
It's a whole lot easier to find a substitute for a paper clip than the right allen wrench. On my 22/45's fingers work well. On my MkII, a screwdriver, knife, any small wire, something on the keyring, etc will fill the bill.

There are two main schools of thought on the modification you are thinking about:

1. It is the greatest invention in a very long time.

2. Unless you are terminally inept, it is a waste of money

.................chim

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Before I would put out $45 for that rig I would become more profecient with the gun as is. Just takes a little practice and patience. I've owned 4 MKII's and I've done well at assembly and disassembly with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.