Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there enough of us Alabamians here to form a team?
Are any of you interested in it?
Phil??
Falcon??
Any Bama folks I don't know?
Y'all speak up if your interested:D
Paul

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
big20, I'm in Tuscaloosa, how about yourself??
Paul

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ANYBODY ELSE??

Falcon?? Phil??anybody else intrested in forming a "good ol boy" southern team?? (we need to keep them yankees at bay;) )
Paul

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, the ammo my AMT likes qualifies for the BAB according to Brookie's list, so we can shoot whatever you like.
I'd prefer 25yds since I'm new to this game.
Just let me know.
Paul

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
You good ol' boys got the rules yet?

I'm gona put the rules up on the forum again later today. Last time I did that I tried to put a sticky on 'em and it didn't work. Sunk to the bottom like a lead sinker.

The rules I put up will have the new stuff on the 50 foot and 25 yard INDOOR matches, and rewording on the .22 Magnum and 17 HMR rifles: (50 yards outdoors only for the Magnums).

Joe

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Joe, are these correct??

I'm quoting Brookie from this thread
http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=15311&referrerid=3092

Here's the list:

Brand,Model,Part,Bullet Weight,Type,Bullet Type
CCI,Blazer,21,40,HV,SP
Federal,American Eagle,AE5022,40,HV,SP
Federal,Bulk Pack,730,36,HV,HP
Federal,Lightning,510,40,HV,SP
Remington,Golden Bullet,1522/1500+,40,HV,SP
Remington,Golden Bullet,1622/1600+,36,HV,HP
Remington,Target,6122/6100+,40,SV,SP
Remington,Thunderbolts,TB22A,40,HV,SP
Winchester,Value Pack,W22LRB,40,SV,HP
Winchester,Wildcat,WW22LR,40,HV,SP
Winchester,Xpert,XPERT22,36,HV,HP

I'm supposed to post this monthly but I sometimes forget...

Paul

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since us southerners have such a reputation, I humbly submit that we become "the good ol' boys":D
Paul

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TT
naaaaaaa us southerners have a reputation
of being a bunch of good ol boys :D

I'm sure you'll have a BLAST(pun intended) giving a first timer like me a REAL hard time :(

Hey Dwight, just so you know, I'm a click-clack. how about the rest of y'all??
Paul

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No Prob... Have a GREAT night
Paul

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Took it out this afternoon for a while to play with the tuner.. got it just a tweak better, I think...but then I found something else. It seems like if I put the pistol grip in a Texas death grip with my thumb and the ball of my trigger finger, it also helps... now THAT has got me goin' :(

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
I think you'll probably do better than you think. You can get a pretty good idea by taking the measurements off a USBR target and seeing how your groups fall within the ring sizes... somewhere here, Joe and others have listed (shown) the actual targets measurements..

Of course, in this kind of shooting, a .000" 25 shot group won't do you much good if you can't put it in the center of the target.. :D

If I come across an example, I'll link to it..

Ron

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well TT,
I never knew this place existed until earlier this month.
I've never done much "bullseye" shooting because I found it boring :(
A Shilen barreled "pistol" (XP-100) I bought a couple of years ago changed that. It had an "accuracy bug" in the case with it and it BIT ME HARD.

Until I decide if the 22 BR is something I'm going to want to continue doing, I don't see myself building a gun specifically for it. I probably won't even if I do like this format. I had the BC Carbon barrel and the thumbhole stock already installed before I came here. I just liked the look of it. (Though just testing the match ammo showed me that I DO need a better scope and probably will probably get one in the not to distant future)

The fact that with Rem #6122 (BAB ammo per Brookies list) it put 10 rounds into a .15" class ctc group is a DEFINITE plus.(25yd) I KNOW that I might never do it again but I still have that target to look at and smile about.
FYI, if my rifle would have shot the best with UM1B or some of the other expensive (to my mind anyway) ammo, I still wouldn't be shooting that ammo.
Paul

PS: I am thinking about a new 10" 22LR Contender barrel to play with though :D
PJ

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Alabama team,

Don't worry about new custom benchrest rifles and scopes (not yet anyway). That's the beauty of this match. You are competing against yourself and others of similar ability and equipment. Several guys shoot more than one rifle each month. Maybe a dedicated bench gun, then a Remchester/czberg.

If you decide that you really like the game and have to beat those CA and TX guys you can always upgrade later. If not, shoot what ya got and have fun. It's always sweet to beat somebody's high dollar rifle with your hunting gun.

Ken

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.