Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Ammo that doesn't go bang in your Buckmark

382 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  cstuard
I have an ammo question for all you Buckmark owners out there. I have the Hunter model and I absolutely love it. Functions great and is way more accurate than I am.

I am wondering is how often you have rounds that fail to fire when struck well with the firing pin. I have about 2000 rounds through the gun and have been shooting a mix of Remington ammo and I have about 0.5-1% of my rounds not go bang! It seems like every trip to the range it happens at least once. :mad:

I am not real concerned about tracking down a fix as it’s not that big of a problem for me, just interested in your experience.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
258 Posts
It is amazing, when I shoot CCI and Winchester I very rarely have a failure to feed/fire. I expect I have about 5-10 % problems with Remington ammo in any firearm. (Especially the NASTY thunderbolts :p )

· Registered
124 Posts
Any "Value Pack" seems to be just that..........Cheap $$$ ammo. Remington & Federal have both given me FTF, but instead of ejecting the round. I depress the magazine release and gently re-cock the slide on the same FTF round, "bang". Funny, but it works almost, ALMOST, every time. Unless your shooting MiniMags, Wolf Match, Value is what your gonna get. Cant complain Wally World = 550 for $8.96 = :D

Have a great one. :Blasting_

· Registered
265 Posts
My Buckmark Bullseye NEVER jammed. The only FTF was the occassional dud you find in a Remington golden bullet bulk-pack. I'd hear a "click" instead of a "bang", I'd cycle the action, and out would pop a cartridge with an indentation in the rim. The gun was working, but not the ammo.
I think Buck Marks are the most reliable semi-autos you can buy.
-D

· Registered
634 Posts
All the value pack stuff fails to fire.I usually get 2-3 in 300-400 rnds.I just rack the slide and move on.I suppose better ammo would be better but I'm not competing so I just live w/ it.Seems to me that the better ammo just isn't worth the 50%-100% price upgrade.But I'm just a plinker.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.