Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
1,590 Posts
These guns are good with just about anything. It's just that HV will beat the mechanism up a bit more.

Ironically....all the cheap/"Bulk" stuff available today...is HV, therefore a conundrum...

· Premium Member
30,584 Posts
It will shoot anything reasonable. I would stay away from Hyper Velocity ammo, even though I have shot a lot of it in mine. I'm trying to wear it out.
I suggest that you trim down a white BuckMark buffer and put it in front of the recoil lug. The recoil feels better with the buffer and the dampening from the buffer is easier on the pistol.

· Registered
5,607 Posts
Midway shows the white one as being for the Buckmark Rifle and a black one for the Buckmark Pistol.

Just to confirm, I want the white one for my Challenger pistol?

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=buckmark+buffer
The white one is what you want. It is indeed for the rifle - as well as post-2000 Buck Marks. The buffer change happened when Browning changed the firing pin block.

The black one has a slightly different shape that makes it less suitable for the Belgian pistols.

· Registered
130 Posts
I don't want to hijack this thread, just hitchhike on it. :)

But, Chim, M2HB, bn12gg, ISPC, photoracer, remnar and all you other hard core Belgium guys, (you know who you are). Do all of you use the trimmed, white Buckmark buffers in all your Belgium's?

I may have missed the boat on this mod and I put a LOT of rounds through my Belgium's. (To the OP: I use exclusively, in all my rimfire pistols and revolvers, CCI SV and I find it to be 100% reliable and trouble free.)

Thanks in advance for your replies and allowing me to hitchhike on the thread. :)

· Premium Member
30,584 Posts
I don't want to hijack this thread, just hitchhike on it. :)

But, Chim, M2HB, bn12gg, ISPC, photoracer, remnar and all you other hard core Belgium guys, (you know who you are). Do all of you use the trimmed, white Buckmark buffers in all your Belgium's?

I may have missed the boat on this mod and I put a LOT of rounds through my Belgium's. (To the OP: I use exclusively, in all my rimfire pistols and revolvers, CCI SV and I find it to be 100% reliable and trouble free.)

Thanks in advance for your replies and allowing me to hitchhike on the thread. :)
Chim came up with the idea when we were discussing what BuckMark parts could be used in the Belgium pistols. I had already used the BuckMark disconnector spring, and at the time I didn't own any BuckMarks. Chim trimmed down the sides of a white buffer. I tried it and liked it. The only thing different that I did was to give it a radius in the back bottom to comform to the shape of my pistols recoil lug. I won't run a Belgium pistol without it anymore, and I've been using it since I had about 80,000 rounds through my Challenger. I now have over 150,000 rounds. The recoil feels much better and you don't have a metal to metal hammering contact.
You don't need it with the steel framed Belgium pistols, but it can't hurt. I wouldn't run an alloy framed Nomad without it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.