Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a new 10/22 to trick up, and I've been reading about the different types of ammo to try. I have yet to come across a single image of the different types of ammo, not even the boxes. I had no idea what people were talking about when they said they liked Federal 750. What is that???

So I took some photos of the less expensive stuff I have available on hand. If you'd like to contribute your own pictures to this thread, feel free. It's nice to be able to SEE what people are talking about without having to go buy a box.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yup. Walmart has Fed 510 in 50-round cartons, and Big 5 has it in bulk packs.

(correction: Big 5 does NOT have 510 in bulk packs. It's actually 745, which is in the exact same design blue "Champion" box as the 510, but it's a different load)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
No, I mean Champion 510 in one big box, all piled in there. A bulk box, just like the other bulk boxes.
Please post a picture of the "bulk" packaged 40gr. lead R/N #510's.

It isn't listed on their website, nor have I ever seen it (and I frequent big 5).

Walmart's #750 is a 550round bulk pack of copper "coated" hollow points.
The stuff my big 5 sells is load #745, which is the EXACT SAME THING as the walmart stuff, just packaged in a 525 round container.
Both are in a box that says "Federal Champion" on the front...so I could see how one might get confused.

I'm not calling you a liar, I've just never seen it.
Individual 50rnd containers doesn't constitue "bulk" packaging. The shot of #510's in your picture is NOT a bulk pack, I can see the 50rnd box in the background.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Please post a picture of the "bulk" packaged 40gr. lead R/N #510's.

It isn't listed on their website, nor have I ever seen it (and I frequent big 5).

Walmart's #750 is a 550round bulk pack of copper "coated" hollow points.
The stuff my big 5 sells is load #745, which is the EXACT SAME THING as the walmart stuff, just packaged in a 525 round container.
Both are in a box that says "Federal Champion" on the front...so I could see how one might get confused.

I'm not calling you a liar, I've just never seen it.
Individual 50rnd containers doesn't constitue "bulk" packaging. The shot of #510's in your picture is NOT a bulk pack, I can see the 50rnd box in the background.

Thanks!
What he said! :bthumb:

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Okay, I didn't feel like setting up the camera....but here are a few shots I had stashed on my computer--some of my common "plinkin" ammo.

CCI CB Long (Quiet)

Aguila Super Colibri (Quiet)

Aguila Super Maximum Hyper Velocity (Fastest 22lr)

CCI Stinger (Hyper velocity)

Remington Thunderbolt (Known as a lead-fouler)

Remington Viper, truncated cone (Not known for accuracy)

Winchester Super-X 40gr RN (One of my favorites...40grs at 1,300fps--great power, and more accurate than hypers for me)

If I get bored in the next few days, or get rained in this weekend, I'll see if I can take pics of about 10 more brands/types I have laying around here.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I get the Fed 510's bricks from Dicks or walmart
Bricks are 10 individual boxes of 50rnds each...typically packaged in one large box.

Bulk packs are just that, loose ammo thrown in a box...not individual boxes of 50, no separators, etc.

Just trying to figure this all out.

BTW, walmart is the best deal in my area for #510's an $12.80 per 500.
Locally, I can still get CCI Blazer for $12.99 when walmart is out of stock. They look, feel, and shoot the same in my rifles. Did I mention they're both a product of ATK? :p

·
Registered
5,312 Posts
Aren't the Fed's from Dick's the 714 Target? Haven't seen any 510 @ Dick's. If it is 510 how much? Thanks:bthumb: :Blasting_
I've seen 510s at Dicks, the most honestly named retailer in America. Around Christmastime, when they were still selling for $10.70/500 at Walmart, Dick's was asking $17.99 for them. No idea the price today.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just went into the safe and checked, 714's (not 510's) are what I purchased Tuesday. Sorry for the wrong info.

714's at walmart are 12.80 a brick and 16.90 at Dicks (across the street from each other so I check dicks first)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.