Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was planning on going to the range this weekend and was wondering if I can use hyper velocity and high velocity ammo in my Ruger Mark II Target gun. I also have the federal bulk and remington golden bulk packs but didn't know if my CCI Mini Mag's and Stinger's would be ok for the gun. Thanks for your help.

Kaz

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Mini-Mags are good in my MK's. As far as the "hyper" stuff, I don't use it in mine, but maybe I am just overprotective. Ruger does however mention Hyper-velocity ammo in the owners manual and I think their general rule is not to use it. The federal bulk is a favorite in my pistols as it hardly ever jams or fails. As far as the RGB goes, I have a few bricks of it, but it sometimes has feed issues in 3 of my pistols.

JJ

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah actually I was thinking of only using the high velocity not the Stingers, I was just going to use them in the bolt action rifles I have. I actually just looked at the owner's manual I downloaded from Ruger and it says standard and high are ok but doesn't say anything against hyper that I could see but just to be safe I won't use it like you were saying. This is actually going to be my first outing with this gun so I guess I will get to see what kind of ammo it likes. As a side note though I have a mossberg semi auto 702 plinkster can I use hyper and high velocity in those. Thanks for all your help so far.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
IIRC, Ruger recommends that you DO NOT use Stingers in ANY of their "Target" guns. The reason is that the "Target" barrel chambers are cut to a closer tolerance than the "Sporter" chambers. And, the brass on Stingers is .01" longer than a regular 22LR round.
FWIW, I only shoot Stingers in my 10/22 standard carbines. I don't use them in any of my pistols.
The ammo that I have had the best groups with in my Mk II Target pistols is the Wolf Match/Target.

·
37,291 Posts
Try Fed 510. Shoots really well for me.

The picture with the pistol the group is .510" at 30 yards (target says 25 but I found out that was a mistake) and the ammo was SK Pistol Match @ $4.70 a box.

The picture with just the group is 510 Fed @ $1.20 a box. That group measures .500" even. Actually slighlty better than the expensive ammo.

Both, of course, were shot from a rest. Both are 10 shot groups.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.