Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 6" Model 17 (5 digit SN K prefix - 1948??) and took it to the range - gun is in good shape. Best results were Winchester Power Points followed by CCI CB shorts! Tried PMC match, CCI standard velocity, Mini Mag, Remington Bulk, Surplus from CMP, Winchester High Velocity, etc.

The Power Points did a good job but I was wondering if anyone knew of a particular cartridge that was "magic" in these revolvers.

·
Registered
155 Posts
My 17 is fairly good with most ammo but seems to like Remington target the best. Go figure, it likes cheap stuff.
Your just going to have to try everything you can get your hands on. Even if mine was only one digit away in the SN range it wouldn't make any difference they are all individuals. They each have their own personalities, and ammo likes and dislikes.
Sorry there is no majic bullet, but then there would be no fun finding the right one for yours, would there.
Good Luck :t

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.