Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left work today at 5, a bit early, because I had an appointment downtown at 6. Figured I had a few extra minutes, might as well stop by a gun shop I knew of down there. Mind you, I don't go in this shop often because I don't fell welcome there. Anyhow, I go in anyway to see if I can scare up a deal on any ammo. So I spot a few boxes of .22wmr winchester supreme. they are marked at 7.95, but I ask how much anyway. The guy looks at them, says I'll give you all three boxes for 15. Now I am ready to jump on it, but being a wheeler and dealer myself, I ask him how much for the three boxes of winchester super x .22wmr jhps next to them. I offer him 25 for all six boxes and he takes it! And I mean, tax license and dock fees, out the door. :D It's the best ammo deal I've ever gotten on 22 mag shells.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
How thick was the dust and cobwebs on the boxes?

;)

That's like the "pawn/gun shops" around here.

.22WMR isn't very popular and the dealer is usually very happy to get them off his shelves, but, the ammo is usually real old CCI "Maxi's". I've never seen any "Supremes" or anything decent.

Sounds like ya done real good!

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wondered about that too, but there was no dust. Besides, ammo has an excellent shelf life so I wasn't too worried about it. The thing that shocked me was that he was so ready to deal because this is a shop where they act like they are doing you a favor to sell you something most of the time and that is why I seldom go there.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Ya caught him on a good day, this time.

Maybe, he got "lucky" the night before!

:D

I ran into a dealer with an attitude, like you described, 6yrs ago. I never set foot in his shop again!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Nope I got the deal of the century :D about 3 years ago the wal-mart about an hour away had a blow out on the .22mag super X jacketed hollow point , I bought a brick (5 Boxs of 50) for $8 canadian . Needless to say I bought every one they had ,I think 10 -11 bricks for $88 canadian or about $50 American. I still have 8 bricks left :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.