Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was browsing the CZ site and read the 452 American has a 3/8 dovetail groove. I've read the other models have the 11 mm groove.

If that is the case which scope rings work the best for a scope with 40mm or less objective.

Thanks for all the help getting my new American out of the box and to the range!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Your best bet is to have a look at the "scope combos" thread - several pages of posts about scope / ring / gun combos.

The American is not quite as standard as you might think. The dovetail is much deeper than is common on domed receivers and as a result it is relatively wide also. Some scope rings, notably the Burris Signature 22 rings, do not work well on the large, flat-top dovetail.

For a 40mm scope you would probably do well with BKL Tech's rings. The standard rings run $18 in solid aluminum. Best of all the clamps work well on either type of dovetail. Millett makes a nice line of rings that will work well on the wide, flat dovetail for just a little more.

If you want to go the Weaver route I make an adapter that attaches to the dovetail and provides Weaver mounting points.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.