Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dang! I'm sorry, but that is what I call overbuilt! I figure if the military uses sheet metal for their service centerfire magazines, why would you need a cnc machined mag out of a solid billet of aluminum for a .22? now, I guess if your gonna build an ultimate then thats different, cause it seems the more money you put into it the b'etter' it is... but dang. Although for $65, that is a good price for all the machining that goes into it, an hour worth of CNC mill time plus assymbly for $65 is pretty good. Dont get me wrong, it looks like an excellent magazine, but just overbuilt...
-Brian

·
36,633 Posts
I have posted on a number of occasions how much I dislike hi cap mags for the 10/22. Ugly,in the way and all that. But I have to say if this one works it is cool. Wish they'd make aluminum "stock" ones. I'd buy those!!

·
36,633 Posts
brian77223 said:
Dang! I'm sorry, but that is what I call overbuilt! I figure if the military uses sheet metal for their service centerfire magazines, why would you need a cnc machined mag out of a solid billet of aluminum for a .22?........... but just overbuilt...
-Brian
I love overbuilt. Never seen a T/C Classic magazine huh? THAT is overbuilt. I have 5 of them! This thing is built......well......just right :D Personally I'm sick of flimsy, cheap, plastic, POS and just plain crappy magazines. The 10/22 is not that bad but some of the replacement mags for Rugers, Remington etc. just plain suck. Hurray for someboby finally building a quality product. Hope it works as good as it looks :rolleyes:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Vincent said:
I love overbuilt. Never seen a T/C Classic magazine huh? THAT is overbuilt. I have 5 of them! This thing is built......well......just right :D Personally I'm sick of flimsy, cheap, plastic, POS and just plain crappy magazines. The 10/22 is not that bad but some of the replacement mags for Rugers, Remington etc. just plain suck. Hurray for someboby finally building a quality product. Hope it works as good as it looks :rolleyes:
Amen! Whose gonna be the first to test and report? Perhaps the mfr would like to donate a sample for me to put through the rigors of field testing...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Wow, that magazine looks VERY nice. I like its robust construction, AND the fact that you can take it apart to clean it out!

May just have to save up the cash to get a couple of em!

The Butler Creek Hot Lips, and the Steel Lips are great magazines, but THIS one looks even better!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I dont know, I haven't worn out any of my Eagle 30-rounders yet. I could by 4 30-rounders for the cost of that one. Or a lot of ammo.

It is tempting though. Maybe I should get one just to be safe.......... :p

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Guys,

The Tactical Inc mags are old news around here. Good news: They will do group buys.

Last summer RFC organized a group buy for 30 mags (I may be wrong on the number) & they gave us a price break of $50 per unit. (Back then they retailed for $64)

If you want to do that, you'll need a "point man" to start a thread and organize the order. He'll also need to ship eveybody's mag out to them. Tactical inc will only ship the mags out in bulk on a group buy.

A few guys on here have even stripped them and anodized them in various colors to match their custom rifles.

Yes, these are very well built mags. IMHO, they are the only hi-cap mag worth buying . . . that is if you like that sort of thing.

The factory rotary mag is still more reliable.

Here's a pic of mine:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have had one for a couple of weeks now and have run about 3 bricks through it and dropped it on the cement driveway three times:shakehead with hardly a scratch on it,:confused: and can say this thing is built tough. It took about a brick of ammo to get it adjusted to work reliably in my gun, but by george I wasn't gonna let it beat me into submission.:rolleyes: I found out it is ammo sensitive. MiniMags were flawless and Federal Champion bulk were very reliable once the mag was adjusted and I only loaded 20 cartriges at a time. It seems the spring when rolled all the way out gets weak and won't pull hard enough to get the 1st 5 cartridges in the correct angle to feed. Remington golden bulk would not even feed no matter what adjustment I made, CCI Blazers, American Eagle all were stove pipeing maniacs or jamaholics:D . All of these different brands of ammo work flawlessly in ruger factory mags. So with this info, and low ammo suplies, I bought 5 bricks of federal Champions bulk since this is the cheapest ammo that worked reliably in it, and give it a thorugh workout. It's a quality built magazine and adjustable to any gun, but needs higher velocity ammo to function reliably, at least in my gun. It has the pitfalls of the steel lip design of other high capacity magazines, but with an adjustment option makes it a little more usable. I would like to see the lip design like the factory mags and a better spring and then this would be an awesome mag, but as it is.... it's good, but not excellent. 7 out of 10 is my rating. Only because you can clean the internals and it's drop proof.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.