Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at a shoot tonight and one of the top contenders there had a 52B that had been rebarreled with a 40X barrel and rechambered , really nice custom stock . This guy shot a perfect score 50/5X's and several 49's with 4X's . He is interested in selling it and wants 1150.00 for it . I know this is high for a B , but with it being a proven shooter , what would you say it would be worth ?
claketyclak

·
Registered
747 Posts
claketyclak. From a collectors point of view,its a FRANKENGUN,and has little dollar value. From a shooters point of view,who knows. Personally,even from a shooters point of view,I think its way overpriced. A Winchester with a Remington barrel? Its no longer a 52B. For the kind of money he is asking{probably much less},you can find an excellent 52B that has not been screwed with,and it will shoot very close to what this gun shoots. AND,you will have something that will hold its value. Just my opinion.Brian.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep I agrre about the price , but since it was a proven shoter , thought I'd ask . I saw a repro for 800.00 at BRC and was wondering , do you think these rifles are capable of this type of accuracy ? The smithy who built the altered 52B is a well known smithy and still holds some records in certain shoots . Most of the guns winning there were built by him . But if you think I can find a C or D that will shoot with it , I have to agree .
claketyclak

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.