Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my wife all scared that I was gonna spend $650 for a used Bushy AR15 for the past week now. At one time I did want one, but ARs don't do it for me. I go straight from rimfire to .30 cal.

At any rate, there was a LNIB Marlin 917 at the gunstore today for $189, it had a little Bushnell Banner scope on it and would be fun to pop squirrels with. I was sneaking it past my wife about 2 hours ago and she freaked out, thinking I had just spent $650 for that AR.... Boy was she relieved to see the $200 Marlin.

At any rate I'm really excited to try out my first .17HMR.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Congrats on a fine purchase! The Marlin rifles are a great value and the 17HMR is one fun round. You'll be popping squirrels at 100yds+.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Now get a Rifle Basix trigger for it and you will have a fine rifle. I hope the new ones shoot as good as my 17VS.

My wife loves to shoot the 17VS. Ever since I explained to her the value of a couple of old guns I have she has never been critical of what I buy. We both watch the budget. :)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Pdwight said:
Buy two of those cloth gun cases....now pay attention. make sure they are identical in size and color (Women know material and color....its a Shoe thing ;) ) and always keep an empty one in your car or truck...whatever you drive regularly. Now when you buy a new gun, hide the box in the car and bring it in...in the soft gun case. She may never know......but be like a boy scout and be prepared...practice this and don't be afraid...they can smell fear and new guns ;)

Work on these statements, in order of progressive importance

That, Oh I let a friend try it out.........he brought it back

This, Oh it's been in the basement forever...just thought I would take it out and shoot the old thing ...its been so long.

have you lost weight :angel:

Can I take you out to diner and a movie

That dress (Outfit) looks great on you.

I am going to cut the grass, why don't you take some time go shopping and buy yourself something special, because you are to me !!!

Would you like to go shooting, and then pick out some shoes for you later at (name place)

These may sound corny...but they work

Dwight P
Yeah, Lieing can be really good for a relationship!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Yeah, the gun case thing works great. I have 4 rifle cases that are just alike. To this day my wife is just not sure of how many rifles I actually have. I'm planning to get an Armalite M-15A2. First of all. She'll never be able to tell it apart from my AR-10A2, (so long as she never sees them together) And with the black rifle cases... she'll never know :beerchug:
But she did surprise me though. I sold some junk I had around the house, cashed in my piggy bank, and I got a PPK-S for a carry gun. It took me 2 weeks, a "chick movie"/ "Must like Dogs", (oh barf!), and the romantic dinner thing before I was brave enuf to show it to my wife. (The ol confession is better than being found out) I told her how I funded the new purchase, and...and... She wanted to know when she can get to the range and shoot it! It's CUTE! :eek:

·
Registered
872 Posts
Fatstrat said:
Yeah, Lieing can be really good for a relationship!
I think Pdwight was being facetious..............

Or were you????????????? :D

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Dwight: :t :D :t We all do what we have to do to support our habit.

Mongo: Maybe you will just have to get more input as to what constitutes a "cute" gun so you can buy more for her to play with.

Paul.

·
Premium Member
9,210 Posts
I dont have to sneak anything past my wife, nor does she have to sneak anything past me. If I want a gun I buy it (if I can afford it :p ) and if she wants some bling or something she buys it. We have been married 33 years, I think an honest relationship is the best way to go.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I was kidding. I always said the best thing about being a Milsurp collector was that I could answer "No" to such questions honestly. Milsurps are never "new".
Fortunantly my wife supports my gun addiction (as long as I can still pay the bills). She says there's alot worse things a man could spend his money on.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Pdwight said:
That was strictly "tongue in cheek" I thought anyone could acertain that from reading it. But I do believe if you treat yourself to something like a new gun you should buy or do something for your wife if she wants it and at the right time. It worked for my wife, we always had a great relantonship and never had a fight about money or me buying firearms as long as she was with me.

Dwight P
Man, I agree with you there. I am lucky in this department, also. My wife actually encourages me to go buy one if I really like it. She'll shoot with me on occasion and enjoys plinking her Henry H001. There's one or two old pawn shop buys that may have slipped by her though. Not sure............. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.