Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Doesn't look like this will happen. A couple of years ago I bought the complete 10/22 pkg from Weaponcraft (recoil buffer, Allen head action screw and wrench). I was so pleased that I wanted the same thing for my customized 77/22. Reed and I exchanged several E-mails on this prospect. I even sent him a couple of stock action screws that I had butchered using the wrong size screwdriver blade (lesson well learned, since bought a set of Chapman screwdrivers). After an appropriate period of time I heard back from Reed. He said he didn't think this was a workable idea due to the countersunk holes in the trigger guard and the necessary matching configuration of the screw heads. By the time enough material is removed from the screw head to create the hexagonal opening there is insufficient material left to leave any strength in the screw head if the head is going to be seated flush to the surface of the trigger guard.

This may not be what you wanted to read, but as far as I know that is as far as the concept progressed. Given the quality of the Weaponcraft pkg if Reed says hex head 77/22 screws are not feasible I certainly accept that.

·
Registered
356 Posts
What you are looking for is called a "Flat Head Socket Screw". They are available from most commercial fastener companies. If you will tell me the length and pitch I will see if I have any and send a couple. Should be fifty cents or so USPS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.