Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Down tn the thread "The Boys are back in town" Gordon made a suggestion:
------------------------------------
"Instead of picking up individual shooters for the All Star teams, wouldn't it be better to lump them in with adjacent States that do have teams and Captains?”

According to the rules, that is possible: If someone volunteers as captain of the state without a team.
TEAM RULES
11. If a team captain is not able to recruit at least four shooters in his State, he may ask the captain from any adjoining State if he would be willing to “adopt” him and his under size team, until such time as he is able to recruit a full team. If the other team captain agrees, the combined team will use a name that identifies both States.
12. Two, Three or more states may combine, as long as they have adjoining boarders.
The orphaned State just needs to have a shooter volunteer as team captain, then ask the adjoining State Team Captain if he will accept him (and his short changed team) as members.

Three or four months ago I had a thought: Ya, I get one of those every once in a while. I was thinking: If and when we get more shooters, we might consider splitting those All American orphans into teams that were composed of shooters from each of the USBR regions. At that time we did not have many orphaned All Americans. Maybe we will have enough this summer season.

Any comments, for or against splitting the orphans up into Region Teams?
1. Would you orphans like to shoot on a Regional Team?
2. Any of you orphans want to volunteer as team captain?
3. If you can’t raise a team: Would you want to be adopted by an adjoining state?

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Joe,
I think the Texas team has enough shooters now to make up their team. I just picked up another shooter for the NM team and another possible. So if all goes well, we'll be fielding a team this month. But if any of the guys from Arizona or Colorado want to shoot with us, we'll take 'em in till they can recruit their own team.
If anyones interested, just PM me and we'll get you signed up. JL

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Heck no Stan,
I've had a blast shooting with you guys. But I don't think Joe will allow us to shoot together once NM has enough to have a team.

And just who was carrying who? You guys have been carrying my lame butt the last few months. Hopefully that will change this month....Got some different ammo! JL

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
M-12,
Why don't you move to NM? We need one more full timer on our team. You can sleep on my couch........ Now wasn't that easy?

If the neighboring state Capt. oks you for his team no problem.
A lot of the teams have more than four shooters but not enough for a full "B" team. So the top four scores are posted. That gives the other guy incentive to try a lil' harder the next month to make the "A" list.
Sometimes a shooter will be posted at 25yds and not make the top four at 50. So it kinda comes out in the wash. Clear as peanut-butter?
JL

ps, the offer still stands..... ;)

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Joe
I have a question. I plan a trip to New Mexico the first of May and plan to get some lessons from JL while I am there in NM. If I should happen to shoot some good scores, in NM. would they go on the Texas scores or New Mexico scores? Lets get this whole thing really mixed up. Can you have duel citizenship? hahaha
graybeard
:)

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
M-12 and Graybeard:

I guess your questions need to be answered. Seems I did not cover all the bases with the team rules. So how to make an interpretation? If a state has a team captain, but not enough shooters for a 4 man team, he can ask the captain of an adjoining state to let him and his team shot on their team. That should be clear.

Can someone shoot with his home team, while he is in another state? That has been done. Paul Verhey is team captain of the Florida Team. In the summer months Paul lives in Lower Michigan (Troll Land) He has chosen to shoot with with the Florida team while he is in Michigan.

So: If Graybeard wants to shoot with Texas while in Mew Mexico, I see no reason why we should say no. Should he be able to shoot for New Mexico WHILE IN NEW MEXICO? I would have not objection to that either If the team captain of New Mexico is willing to accept him as a team member: While he is shooting in New Mexico.

Those are me suggestions for rule clarification. I will wait for suggestions from others before adding anything to the team rules.

Something to think about: Should Forester be allowed to shoot with California if GG pays his round trip plane fare?

Joe :)

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Joe, that's not a bad idea with air fares so low right now. People pay Tony Boyer $250 for one day of BR training. This way I could get a couple days of coaching from Forester, CA gets a 250-20ish score to add to the team, and we crush the rest of the country. Joe, you're my kind of man, good thinking. Thanks, GG

p.s. Forester, you'll have to bring a sleeping bag, we just got rid of the sofa-sleeper.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
GG-you don't need any coaching, but I would love to visit out there again--been better than 20 years since I last set foot on the left coast.

As far as the All American teams go, whatever you guys decide is fine with me, as long as TangoTwo, Cartwright, Graybeard and Pinball are on my team.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Ahem there Capn '12. There will be no desertion to warmville!!! The land of Cheese needs our shooters, besides, you expect to see the GREEN BAY PACKERS on Fox in Albabarbeque?

I got at least 3 others to shoot scores if they just get off their keisters!

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
M-12 and Tenspot,

You should see the amount of Packer-Backers around here...All three of 'em put up quite a rukus at the bar....O'course they was gettin' beat-up by a buncha Do-boys fans at the time! Haha

I'm a Vikings fan ma-self!!! JL

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
JL,

Now say it ain't so!!! Anybody but those purple Viqueens!!!! Are feelin OK man? Somebody grab JL an Old Mil or PBR quick......Leinies would work as well!

M12, keep lettin me know. Gettin carpet Monday in the basement, gonna be a busy weekend emptying it out!!! Going to shoot some Friday then go Canoeing on the Apple and consume some of the aforementioned Leinies!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I grew up over in Menomonie. Lots of Viking fans over there, but we always said our two favorite teams were the Packers, and whoever was playing the Vikings. :)

Leinie's Creamy Dark... :t But my favorite is still the Red & Northwoods. The new Amber Light is by far the best Light I've ever had. Reminds me, I gotta place an order with the old man for his next visit....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.