Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aguilla, anyone tried this ammo ??

how does it work as far as accuracy in your 22lr?? have some and was trying it out in my model 60 and didnt try to hard, but at 25 yds, could put 17 rounds in a "big" quarter which is not impressive. couldnt try at 50 yards, wind was getting feisty, so stayed at 25 yds. will try again if mom nature co-operates with 5 mph winds again, lol..

·
Registered
321 Posts
My rifle likes AguilaSE in fact so far it likes it best.... even a little more than GreenTags! I'm not complaining either cause I do like the price of the stuff!

Best group so far is .122 ctc @25yds ... average is more like .3

·
Registered
674 Posts

Here are some groups that I fired a couple of weeks ago using Aguila SE at 25 yards. Not bad. They are also Eley primed if that makes a difference. Supposed to be more consistent. Very inexpensive for pratice, but they do have wierd odor!

Hope this helps.
Gary

·
Registered
104 Posts
aguilla

I shoot some hi velocity at 100 yards using my Anshutz-late in the shooting day(been shooting steady for a couple of hours) so Iwas kinda tired-any how clean target 5 rds covered with a quarter with no holes hanging out-this is good ammo :t

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I bought a brick of Aguilla once and found the cases to be slightly oversized and would barely fit tight match chambers. I used it up in field guns and never bought anymore. Was this a freak batch?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Diesler, different guns have different taste. My CZ will shoot the 38 gr sshp better than the Golden Eagle Targets (GET). Sako Likes the GET better, but not best, it hates the 38gr sshp. The GET has shot respectably (not always best) in a lot of different guns, enough to get my attention. I'm sure there are some that its a stinker in but, I always include some when ringing out a new gun. I've had very good luck with it out of pistols.

Micro,
I've miked some bullet diameters on the Golden Eagle match load to .223/.224 and they wouldn't chamber in my sako. Strangely enough, my biatholon basic is the only gun I've found that shoots these well.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Oh I know each gun has it's own taste.... thats why I specified *my* gun. So far, SE is my guns favorite over anything I've found locally. I haven't gotten to try any higher-end match ammo, but when I can pull off 1/2MOA with.... I'm pretty happy!

Case size... I haven't had any problems yet. My chamber is somewhere between a match and a bentz so while a chambered round won't come out by hand cycling, it has never failed to extract on firing. This has been true of all the ammo I've tried, I'm going to guess you got a bad batch.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
My CZ likes Aguila SE Standard Velocity. After doing some more tweeking, I shot these two groups at 50yds with the last of the Aguila ammo I had, There's only 4 rounds in the bottem group but it measure's 0.077 CTC, I;m going to order a case of Aguila next payday, prolly going to mix it up alittle and order a couple of bricks of HV and SS (I;ve never tried their HV or SS) and the rest Standard from Cole, he's got the best price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.