Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any aftermarket barrels for Buckmark pistols besides the Volquartsen carbon fiber? I want a chromoly or stainless barrel for my Silhouette with the top milled flat for the Browning "weaver" rib. Any gunsmiths out there that work on Buckmarks?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks akraven, I found them on the web a couple of days ago also. I know he is very well known/respected in the competition rimfire pistol world but like you said, the 6-12 month waiting period is too much for me right now. Volquartsen used to make a stainless steel match barrel for Buckmarks in standard or milled flat top for full length rib but I cannot seem to find any. I might just end up getting a replacement barrel from Browning if they still have any.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Try this link. http://www.browning.com/services/gunpartsprices/pdf/buckmark_pistol.pdf and look in the left hand column and they list the silohuette barrel @ $95.25. I just got back from the gunsmith and he confirmed what I guessed that my barrel is shot. Explaining the 3-5" [email protected] with a scope off the bench. Tried to call Volquartzen and Friday is there day off and Browning closes at 4:00 Central today. So an impatient wait till Monday. Good luck. akraven

·
Registered
726 Posts
akraven

If your thinking of getting the VQ THM barrel for your Buckmark, I would suggest you call or PM Hawk of Hawktech Arms. He can order you anything from VQ at a discount from what's on the VQ website. I PM'd him about this same barrel earlier this week because it's not listed on Hawks website and he was very gracious. Even said he'd have it drop shipped straight to me from VQ so I wouldn't have to wait for it to come to him and then be shipped back out to me.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I will check with all the sites mentioned and see what I can come up with. Does Volquartson still make just a generic barrel? Its not on the website but I have seen it mentioned elsewhere. Thanks. akraven

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
BigMac, Thank You for the info on Hawktech arms.

Tree, I agree that the VQ carbon fiber barrel looks a little strange on the Buckmarks. I think it's too long and the silver end caps just don't look right for the buckmark, but they do shoot like gangbusters.

OdT, I usually deal with Brownells for any gunpart I need but sometimes their prices on factory parts (back of the catalog) are higher than the factory. Brownells lists an Unlimited barrel at $148.51, on Brownings website they list it at $118.00. I think if I don't have any luck finding a new or like new Silhouette or Unlimited model I might just build one by buying a used 5.5 Target model which seem to be more plentiful.

akraven, Yep their website is pretty darn outdated, thats why I just look through the catalog to get the part # then just punch it in on the search function.

·
Registered
410 Posts
buckmark barrel

Try posting on the wanted board here at RFC. I got a stainless volquartsen barrel for my buckmark pistol off a guy on the boards for $75. like someone said it looks odd but hopefully it will shoot good.
check out the pic in the browning galleries.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Gee Guys, I like the looks of the VQ THM barrel for the Buckmark? I like the VQ THM carbon barrel I have on one of my 10/22's also.

My current buckmark is the varmit model with the 10" bull barrel. The VQ is only 4 " longer with comp and weighs a whole lot less so I'm going to try one. ;)

·
Registered
474 Posts
BigMac said:
Gee Guys, I like the looks of the VQ THM barrel for the Buckmark? I like the VQ THM carbon barrel I have on one of my 10/22's also.

My current buckmark is the varmit model with the 10" bull barrel. The VQ is only 4 " longer with comp and weighs a whole lot less so I'm going to try one. ;)
Now this is what I like to see! A man with some adventure in him!

Please, please, please post or send pics! This is an idea I've thought about for quite awhile, but have been busied by other projects.

(I've owned every version of the buckmark there is, except for the base and camper models, and they are fine guns. I also have several MKIIs and some older S&W 22 pistols that I adore equally to the others. There is NOTHING cooler than a .22 pistol, regardless of make or model! But it really gets fun when you have something almost no one else does!)

I'll be putting a carbon fiber barrel on a 22 pistol as soon as I find a good deal on a stock base model. Most likely a Buckmark, but possibly a MKII(available from volquartsen as a custom order, though not advertised). The BM route would be much simpler and somewhat less expensive.

But I'd love to have someone beat me to it, so I can see one first!

Don't delay, and send pics ASAP!

OdT

·
Registered
726 Posts
Gee, It's nice to see someone else who's not afraid to see me spend my money! :D

ODT. I will post pics when I get it. Of course I havn't ordered it yet!. Maybe later this week if the check comes in.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Alright ODT

I ordered the VQ barrel from Hawktech Arms today. It should be shipped sometime next week.

Dan at Hawktech Arms is a great guy to do business with! He doesn't even normally carry this barrel but he special ordered it for me and is still given me a better price than getting it straight from VQ. (notice, this statement is subject to retraction if I don't get the barrel for 6 weeks.) ;)

I'll let you know more when the bbl comes.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.