Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been watching her for months now, and it didn't seem that she was very happy there, in the orphanage of the Cabela's Gun Library behind the glass with all the Smiths, Colts and High Standards. Today, I finally asked to be introduced, and when the gentlman placed her in my hands I knew that she had to come home with me. Here's a pic...doesn't she look happy?

I've introduced her to the rest of the kids and they're all getting along great. Isn't that a beautiful looking family?

-remnar

· Premium Member
30,610 Posts
Very nice early model Challenger.:bthumb:
Nice collection to go with it also.
I would put a modified white BuckMark buffer in it, use some Colt Cadet mags (the originals are worth too much now) and enjoy it.

· Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Remnar
You need to cut this out... seems like when you buy one then I buy one or visa versa...:D I filled my quota for pistols last week when I bought this http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=281123858. Yeah, yeah I know it's not a rimfire.... but it will be when my .22 coversion kit comes in! or maybe my '92......
But seriously.... nice find on the Challenger! :bthumb: One more mouth to feed! Pretty soon your gonna need a bigger bed!
Did you get the feed issues worked out on the CII with the new mags?

· Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Deacon,

Nice Beretta. I've been on a gun a week pace for the last month, but two of those are guns passed on to me be family members. Every time I go looking for a gun I end up buying something different. I was looking for a Stainless URX when I saw a Challenger III that was nice, but then I bought the Nomad. I then went back a couple of weeks later to buy the Challenger III, but the guy wouldn't budge on his price, and I couldn't see paying what he wanted when there was a perfectly good Challenger in th orphanage about 20 mi away for just a little more. By the way, the new Challenger only cost me $160, but I did have to pay $300 more to get the slightly used original mag with it. :D

I haven't worked on the Challenger II much lately, but the last time I had it out the Buck Mark mag that I modified worked great and the original mag still gave me problems. If I ever get my milling machine put together, then I'll be able to finish the rail project that I started for it. That reminds me...got to go do some work in the yard and in the garage. Later,

-remnar

· Registered
130 Posts
Congratulations on the new Challenger. At $460, at the prices these things are going for these days, you definitely bought it "right". I'm surprised it stayed in the orphanage as long as it did at that price.

And yes, it's a very nice family, indeed. :bthumb:

· Registered
864 Posts
Now you will be looking for a late production Nomad with the ramp front sight to go with that early production Nomad. Then some with 4 1/2" barrels. And front sight configuration should match those you already have. You have two different grip checkering patterns on your Belgium Challengers. At least six more to go. And. And. And. It is very contagious.

Good of you to take in so many orphans. Good luck finding more. The hunt is half of the fun for some of us.

SO

· Registered
2,725 Posts
Deacon & remnar,
How does it fell to be someone's idol? A gun a week--WOW!!! And I thought I had it bad at one a month. Keep up the good work !! Love that early Challenger. Wish I could find a reasonable Challenger III.

Wayne38

· Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Now you will be looking for a late production Nomad with the ramp front sight to go with that early production Nomad. Then some with 4 1/2" barrels. And front sight configuration should match those you already have. You have two different grip checkering patterns on your Belgium Challengers. At least six more to go. And. And. And. It is very contagious.

Good of you to take in so many orphans. Good luck finding more. The hunt is half of the fun for some of us.

SO
Now that's the exact kind of thinking that gives me the idea that I need a stainless Buck Mark URX. I don't have one in stainless, and I don't have a URX. Makes perfect sense, and besides, if I get a URX before chim gets a UDX then I'll have one up on him. Of course he's still got about 20 up on me in other ways. :D

-remnar

· Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Deacon & remnar,
How does it fell to be someone's idol? A gun a week--WOW!!! And I thought I had it bad at one a month. Keep up the good work !! Love that early Challenger. Wish I could find a reasonable Challenger III.

Wayne38
Wayne38,
Ask and ye shall receive.... nice looking CIII http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=282026720 3days to go...

Remnar,
I'm afraid to go into the LGS and ask to look at a Buckmark... I still don't have one yet :eek:
But I think I got a couple of converts last week at the range so the disease is spreading LOL

· Premium Member
30,610 Posts

· Registered
591 Posts

· Premium Member
30,610 Posts
I thought you got that !! I seen that and thought it was a good deal for the money but I was too broke too buy it. So I posted a heads up on here. Glad someone from here got it..............John
Thanks for the heads up. I really hesitated because I was (and still am) looking for one that is NIB. This one showed up cleaner than I thought it would be. He never said anything about the extra mags.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.