Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told ,whether true or not I don't know, that an adjustable butt plate was available for the US Government Model 82. I looked around and called a couple of places. Everybody seems to think there is but nobody knows who makes(made) it. I haven't measured any of the Anschutz butt plates. I'm sure I could make one of theirs fit, but I'd rather not cut or drill the stock. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all of us country hicks
Believe me, southern Illinois and Indiana, we are right there with you. Where I live you're not from Illinois, your from Southern Illinois same goes for Indiana. We prefer everybody know we are from the right part of the state. Sitting at the range and a guy pulls up and yells, you all gotta see the yotes in the back of my truck. North or south?

Phil, I actually figured that you would know what I was looking for. You're always my Kimber buddy. My 82 doesn't have the typical razor cut that most CMP rifles have, so I'm not wanting to cut it too much. Hey, the sun shines on a dogs but ever now and then, guess I was lucky. If I can't find one I think I'm going to you an Anschutz butt plate. Like you said it'll be under the butt plate anyway. I'm moving in on the small bore prone scene. There are a lot more matches around here than light rifle or silhouette. I've spent most the winter shooting indoor 50ft light rifle. Last night, I put the jacket on, pulled that big mitt down, got my cuff adjusted and went prone.

·
Registered
828 Posts
butt plate

What kind of adjustable buttplate do you want? My Kimber 82G
came with spacers for lenght of pull adjustment but that is all. You can get a Morgan Adjustable recoil pad that adjust up and down.

There are not many spare parts for this gun. I think that it was imported by Kimber from Australia(sp).

GoodLuck

P.S.
I have one of the Morgan Pads that I would take $15.00 plus shipping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.