Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The second question is...what are the laws for huntin squirrel and rabbit in NJ, ive searched the web and havent found much reguarding them? anyone know what permits i need???

edit:i found the dates, but nothing about what permits are needed on the State website...

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
In IL we buy a hunting license and it covers rabbit and squirrel, but your local regulations may be different.

find a number for your department of natural resources in NJ and talk to them. The local walmarts and places that sell hunting licenses all have booklets here that explain the rules.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
njkimberss said:

all that really tells you is the dates...because it doesnt say rifle permit, or any other permit, does that mean i dont even need a permit to carry the gun to hunt squirrels and rabbits??

and im assuming i need a hunting license...is this correct?
Yes, hunting license is needed (need to take (and pass) the N.J's hunter education course) before license is issued. As far as I know, all of NJ requires use of shotgun for small game harvesting (I don't know if there is small game blackpowder season in place in NJ now?)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.