Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you may or may not have read in another thread, I was fortunate to hammer a rather large mule deer, my gunsmith who lives in a neighbouring village, two horizons east, informed me that there was a big buck night at the local bar. Suggesting that I show up, have a few wobbly pops, score my horns and go home.
In a strange town, with even stranger patrons, the bar fell silent as the tall stranger (me) ducked his head and walked in the door, rack in hand, not-so-big-a-smile on face. In the crowd I heard undertones of profanity as now number two mulie rack owner saw his dreams shattered. A few wobbly pops later, the scores tally up. Sure enough, under a light applause, varmastr takes the first place arizona bilt skinning knife. While the largest whitetail prize went with tremendous applause, to a local fella with his '**** close' to 200" 19 point nontypical,... there was much rejoicing, recalling the hunt for all who cared to listen, having a big old time, getting to know the local tribesmen and tribeswomen, too!
until... the door prize draw, another hotrod custom skinning lockblade.
Well, if they dont call ol' varmastrs name again. You could almost hear a cigerette burn.
Not-so-local boy does well! I said too my buddy as we backed past the buffet table, too the door.
Just kidding about the locals, but isnt that the way?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Well you could have given the knives

back and withdrawn your deer from the
competion and laughed it off.:D :D :D

Winning the big buck contest wont make
you the most popular hunter even
among friends. hee hee

Thats just the way it is,but look at
the bright side.
YOU WON! :D

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Here's a picture of the rack off of that Monster!

Beautiful is all that I can say...

:D

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I will have to say that too.

Thats an awesome rack. Congrats.
and congrats on the knives.

Dean_311

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.