Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Absence of serial number ? 19NRA

316 Views 4 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  David Valdina
I am buying a Savage model 19, NRA. The seller reports there are no serial numbers on it. I know some have them. So, if no numbers, when may this have been built ? I have not received the rifle, nor owned one before, are the numbers in plain view ? Thanks.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
942 Posts
sometimes they are also just below the edge of the wood as well. If you have any questions about which variation it may be, I suggest you visit www.24hourcampfire.com. There is a Savage Collectors forum there that helped me immensely with mine.

Questions
Is the rifle intact, meaning is the rear sight and original magazine there. If it is the model 19NRA with a small knurled button on the bottom of the magazine congrats to you.

Mine was missing both when I got it. Cost me $45 for the mag, $65 for the sight that took me 6 months to find, and another $70 to have mount screws made to match the original attachment screws for the sight.

As it sits now all fixed up, I love mine, very accurate, .5-.75 at 50 yards with fairly crappy ammo

Andrew

· Registered
259 Posts
I believe the serial number is stamped on the rear edge (ring) of the receiver.
Where you would insert the bolt into the reeiver.

I've had to re-register one of them because it had been registered with no serial number - no one could find the serial number.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.