Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was throwing out some old catalogs today and noticed that the above gun was offered in the 4.5" version as well as the 6" with fixed sights. I have never seen these before, was wondering if anyone else here had.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought a 2206 in 1987, blue 6" with wood grips, adj sights. Later I bought a stainless steel 6" with fixed sights, and later a 12 round mag for it. The sight on the blue gun broke into 3 pieces and flew off one day. The recoil retaining plug on the stainless model broke into 3 pieces. S&W replaced it. The gun had a habit of unscrewing the barrel and the groups would get all over the place.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
I have the 2206 6" (all stainless) and love it. As for the short barrel version, seems like I remember seeing the short barreled version one time. The 2206 was a later model and not out very long if I remember correctly. I've had no problems, so far. I just mounted a 2X Burris on it. Open sights don't seem to work as well as they use to. :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Have a 2206 with an old Bushnell "Phantom" held on via an old modified Weaver mount. Hell of a "plinker"...out to 100 yds...which is about the lower limit of the field of vision of the scope out that far. It likes Win. T-22 and Wolf Match Target ammo, but does OK with Federal WalMart bulkpack, too.

No parts have fallen off, and the barrel remains firmly screwed-in to the receiver. Paid $160 for it years ago. Spent $20 on the scope and mount. And NO...it's not for sale!

Feldwebel22

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.