Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My imperial hex sets are somewhat lacking and I'm curious if anyone has made / found a takedown screw that takes a standard driver, or close enough to fudge it. I understand the threads are imperial. The stock slotted is holding up, but getting a bit ugly after a few years.

· Premium Member
11,988 Posts
My imperial hex sets are somewhat lacking and I'm curious if anyone has made / found a takedown screw that takes a standard driver, or close enough to fudge it. I understand the threads are imperial. The stock slotted is holding up, but getting a bit ugly after a few years.
Given a choice I'll take a slotted take down screw, hex and torrix heads bugger to easy for me.

· Registered
212 Posts
I personally use a 12-24 socket head cap screw. It uses a 5/32 hex bit. With a socket head cap screw you can use the bit in a torque wrench to torque the screw down to the same torque each time.

If your 10-22 has a sweet spot for torque on the hold down screw you can repeat the torque each time you take the screw out and put it back in again.

Never had any problem buggering up the head of a socket head cap screw you are only talking in lbs not foot lbs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.