Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week my mom dropped by to pick up her rifle and shotgun. OK, I thought, they're yours so have fun. I don't know how, but she got opening day confused with yesterday. It is another week away. Well she went hunting before she came to the birthday party, at a local skating rink.

She showed up in full camo, went and changed clothes then put on a pair of skates.

A bit shocked, I asked where she had been. "Hunting," she said, "you should have come."

"Mom, I don't think the season is open yet." "How'd you do?"

"I found a rub, and I need some more hand loads. I've got some factory stuff I'll swap you."

"OK, I can do that. Did you get a shot?" I knew she had five or ten 240 gr. .44 mags.

"Well I killed a blame rattle snake! I didn't have time to unload, and wasted three shots at a snake less than five yards away. I couldn't see the blame thing in the scope."

"OK, no problem, I'll bring you some shells, but season starts the 23'rd. Was it a big snake?"

"Naw, bout three feet long. Cut the sucker in half, and the front end crawled about three feet after I hit it. If I had my .357 I'd have gotten it on the first shot. I called your brother, he's bringing it."

She would have too. Good thing the game warden wasn't around.:D :D :D

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Hey!

No law against being early.:)

Shapeing up with a little snake
hunting.
Might take the .357Mag as a backup.

Say does john know about her prowess
as a snake hunter,:D :D :D

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Phlacker,
You didnt think anything, when she came and got her guns? She didnt say anyhting?

Dean_311

·
Registered
615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, we all like to shoot. She's had my MK II for some time now, and I asked about the shotgun. She wanted it for a turkey shoot. She's been working on our old house during the week, and having the rifle just seemed natural, with coyotes and such.

She did not mention going hunting, until she showed up at the party. She would not intentionaly break game laws, and I'm not sure how she got the date mixed up. Just one of those things that happens. My guess is that she wanted to go hunting, and allowed her mind to manipulate dates for her. Its easy enough to get a license; AL, does not have "tags," for deer. She may have mistaken the opening of bow season. I'm not sure. She is sixty two years old, and can still handle a racking horse. She pilots their 43' trawler with ease and skill. The rifle she was using is the same rifle that she filled three tags in Michigan with, years ago, and has sense taken several deer. The .357 is a Ruger Blackhawk, that she has had for years.

My brother and I are taking care of both hers and Dad's guns, because of their traveling. They have spent several winters in the Bahamas. This year they decided to stay in Orange Beach, about 150 miles from here. They keep a Mini 14 in stainless and a custom 1911, also in stainless on the boat. It surprised me that dad didn't want a shotgun on the boat. Salt air is bad on steel, so that may be why. Dad is working part time, they hope to make a trip to Europe sometime soon, and could use the extra cash.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.