Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called my dealer to see if he had a 981T in stock and he had two.He mentioned he had a used one just like it with a wood stock.Did Marlin ever make any thing like that.

Ed

·
Registered
70 Posts
yeah, but its not called a 981T it's like a 81 or 80 or 880 or something like that. That is a great find. I have an 981t and its fantastic. My only complaint is that there is no option for a wood stock now or even to replace it with one. If i was you i would pick it up in a heart beat. It's all what you like though.

Guys please correct me if i'm wrong about the wood stock model numbers ( which i'm sure i am.)

·
Registered
81 Posts
The 881 had a wood stock, but I'm 99.999% sure it was LR only. A few members have put an 881 or 883 stock on the 981T. Not sure how much they had to do to get them to fit, but it looks nice.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Marlin has a laminated stock for the 983ss that will fit the 981t with very little fitting. The cartridge lifter pivot pin is wider on the 981t and so a little bit of the stock on each side needs to be inletted.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I don't remember if the trigger guard came with it or not. When you order the stock, let Marlin know what it is for and they should be able to help you with the parts that you need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.