Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the man from the shop just called. Said the shipping was longer because I ordered on friday afternoon, shipped Sat. evening, and took a few days. He said he checked it over, and it looks %100. So I am gonna go pick it up before noon tomorrow. I'll post some pics after I get the scope on.

I'm so friggin excited. Also Vincent who frequents this site offered to take me to a range too, seeing as I can't drive. Great guy.

I figure I'll take my .17, .22, and 16ga. and see what I can do

Andrew

·
Registered
21,547 Posts
agoetz,

welcome to the wonderful world of the savage. out of the box, ya should have a shooter. if that is the VINCE i'm thinking of, you will be in good hands. take a couple diff types of ammo and have some fun. let us know how it shoots. luck with your new toy.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I called Savage's Service Center -

THEM - How can I help you today
ME - Do you offer Hex-Head takedown screws for the model 93?
THEM - No Just the stock replacements
Me - Then may I have the thread diameter and pitch so I can have my own made, or buy some from a hardware store?
THEM - We do not release that information over the phone
ME - Well thank you anyway.
THEM - Is there anything else we can help you with.....blah blah blah

OK so what's the deal? I'll just borrow my friend's thread gauge, or have my smith measure it, or maybe someone here can tell me what it is.

I don't understand

Andrew

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
HA. it came with hex head screws

I want to get an in./lb. wrench and try different tightnesses on the screws to see how it does.

#2 - My buttstock is hollow. I thought it had a insert in there

#3 for stock stiffening I think I will get some heavy modeling clay and impregnate it with bb's or something similar. press it into the voids and let it harden. that way if I want to take some out I can just chip at it. I may also fill the buttstock with soething

Andrew

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.