Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my first trigger. Usually i have a gunsmith do the job. On this forum everyone says its a do it yourself deal. The trigger was easy to put in. The greap is rough when you first pull the trigger. Is that something that will get better after some use. Does anyone polish the sear surface on the trigger. The direction didn't help me that much.
I have read where some say the "creap" screw is not used all that much. Is this something you have to play with. I just want to be safe. I am used to the Timney trigger in my centerfires and they are smooth from the get go.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
When the trigger is adjusted properly and the mating surfaces lightly honed, you will have a slick trigger.
Be very careful not to change any angles. A little at a time.

·
Banned
1,047 Posts
O,

LUBE the contact surfaces well,adjust it so it will NOT go off when bumped with the safety off.

Use it a while..Let the surfaces mate to each other a bit.

Trigger work is touchy(and serious) business,IMHO.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke..

The basic geometry of the Marlin triggers does not usually lend themselves to safe pulls lighter than 1.5lbs on most rifles(which is PLENTY light)

Better safe than sorry.. ;)

·
Registered
243 Posts
i do it to all my paintball guns, which have a similar sear setup as my marlins. sooo... it was only natrual that i do it to my 917 i honed down the sear to shorten the throw, and lightened up the trigger spring. its not super lite by any stretch of the imagination but its smoother and is about 50 % lighter in my opinion. its well worth doing if you have the common sense and or general knowledge about the motions involved in the trigger group

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.