1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering except for some complaints about the trigger has any-
one had any kind of failures with your 87 target? I have not had any. I can't
remember reading about any either. Forums seem kind of boring without
problems. Please list any problems you have had with your gun.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Beretta 87T

At least five thousand rounds, using cheap federal and winchester bulk ammo and so far no one single problem. I love my Beretta 87T with a 30 mm. ultradot, is the more reliable 22 lr,compare to my S&W 41, Ruger 678GC ,Ruger 512, Trailside Target, Buckmark 5.5 field and Buckmark Camper.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glenn-SC said:
I think you got a excited there maverickmd, the Browning Buckmark Camper is not quite in the same class, it's a nice gun, not not in the same class. And yes I own one.
No one is say anything bad about the buckmarks. As a matter of fact I have
two of them. Just comparing the 87 target with guns that we may have had
some sort of failure with. I have a Smith 41 that has failed in one way or
another, Also a Victor the same thing. I have a Buckmark hunter the same
thing. Now I just won a Buckmark pro-target in a auction. This is the one with
the hoods over the sights. I have only put about 400 rds thru it so far but
not a single failure. this is an older gun from 1996. I love my Buckmarks and
they are accurate also. It's just that I don't see any failure threads about the
87 target. I was just wondering if everyone was having good luck with them.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I agree that the Buckmark is a good gun. I got my Camper for only $269. Very reliable and very accurtate. I've had a few failures to feed and fire, but most likely due to the cheap ammo I was using.
But my Camper is no where near as accurate as my Colt Woodsman MT, and I don't think is in the same class as the 41 or the Trailside.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have an 89GS which is basically the pre-87 I think. The only ammo it didn't like was RWS subsonics, everthing else worked fine. The one problem I do have is that it won't field strip-can't get the release lever to function even after following the directions. I have only gotten it field stipped a couple of times in 5 years. Any help here? Thanks

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't have an 89 but do have an 87 target. don't know how similar they are
but have a couple of questions. first if you have a barrel weight it should be
removed. I did a search and seen another post by you where you say the
release lever will not rotate all the way. Just a suggestion. While you are
pushing in on the release button and trying to rotate the release lever have
someone else try to move the slide back and forth to see if it will release.
Try with the gun cocked and uncocked. The slide must be all the way closed
to release it. If this doesn't work I would call Beretta or take it to a good Smith. I'll bet it is something simple and won't cost a whole lot to fix. Beretta
can probably tell you over the phone what to do. Sorry I could not be of
more help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can't say that I've had any problems with my 87T. I feed mine American Eagle or Dynapoints. I've tried PMC Scoremaster and found that the lube on the bullets eventually caused my magazines to seize and/or rounds to misfeed. Other than that, no beefs....

·
Registered
518 Posts
My 87T functions flawlessly. Shoots great groups with almost any ammo (doesn't like the wally world federal bulks). My only two complaints are the grips and trigger. The trigger takes some getting used to because of creep. Grips are lousy, for a target gun. I should have my new Dixon grips next week. Thumb rest, finger grooves and a palm swell. Cocabolo wood. Can't wait!

·
Registered
28 Posts
The only problem I had with my Model 87 / Cheetah model/ was the fring pin channel after about 15,000 + rds got clogged up and would not fire. I first thought the firing pin was broke. Sent it back to Beretta and they advised the firing pin and all the other parts were fine. They just cleaned the firing pin / channel and test fired with 25 rds of ammo with no problems.

I shot several hundred rounds since then and no problem. Note: Beretta sent me a bill for $42.00 and sent me back a nice Beretta pistol plastic box. Also schemetics for take down of the firing pin / slide area.

I can't blame them the gun is well over 12 years old and out of warranty, and Beretta was very pleaseant to deal with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.