Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I've got your attention, there are a pair consecutive SN# Custom Cascades with skeleton grip caps on Gunbroker. It says that Kimber made a limited run of them for Cabelas and the boxes are labeled as such.I did not know that. I know that Hushkaboom is going to read this and it looks like his might have a skeleton grip cap also. I wonder if they were all optioned the same and in a SN# group. Anybody care to enlighten us?

Jay in Oregon

·
Premium Member
13,017 Posts
I am guessing the B Custom Cascades had close serial numbers. Mine ends in 57 so close to SageRat22's. Of the 6 or 8 I have seen they all were close on serial numbers. The earlier run of 34 A action Custom Cascades had the solid grip cap, panel 18 line checkering and the screwed in sling studs. As I recall the info I got from Watchaddic is that there were 2 runs of 10 guns each just after Kimber went from the A to the B action. The B series had the skeleton grip caps, wrapped finer checkering and the inletted sling studs. Also one of the groups of 10 B's may have been for Cabelas? Going from memory here but I think all the B's I have seen had skeleton grip cap.
Watchaddic can fill us in on this.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am guessing the B Custom Cascades had close serial numbers. Mine ends in 57 so close to SageRat22's. Of the 6 or 8 I have seen they all were close on serial numbers. The earlier run of 34 A action Custom Cascades had the solid grip cap, panel 18 line checkering and the screwed in sling studs. As I recall the info I got from Watchaddic is that there were 2 runs of 10 guns each just after Kimber went from the A to the B action. The B series had the skeleton grip caps, wrapped finer checkering and the inletted sling studs. Also one of the groups of 10 B's may have been for Cabelas? Going from memory here but I think all the B's I have seen had skeleton grip cap.
So the two on Gunbroker SN#'s end in 48 and 49, there was one on RIA that was 43, yours is 57 and Sages is 53. All of these 82B's have skeleton grip caps and close SN#'s . I wonder if there were two runs and one block of Sn#'s. I took a screen shot of one of the box labels. Nothing like a good puzzle and connecting the dots!

Jay in Oregon
Personal computer Font Screenshot Display device Electronic device

·
7,317 Posts
Mine does, HUSH -- #52868B. All of the above. :) (y)(y)

Doug

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figure that if I spend my time trying to understand the logic behind Kimber it would keep me off the auction sites!!! MUCH CHEAPER that way!!!

Jay in Oregon

·
Premium Member
2,595 Posts
Some limited answers are available today. There were at least 2 different runs of the B Custom Cascade that I have notice. The Cabelas run as pictured above and a standard factory run. Mine is 73B, has a skel. grip and the box is clearly marked "Custom Cascade". I do not know how many of each run were produced, but it is safe to say that there were not many. Mysterious Watchaddic has probably touched more of these things than Greg Warne. Maybe someday he will reveal his findings to the world.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I'll venture to guess that the 527xx guns were Cabelas and the 528xx guns were the production run. I also found an old ad on the back of a Gun List that shows a 528xx gun along with a Centennial and a Bishop SG. Here is the front and part of the back of that page.

Jay in
Font Material property Paper Commemorative plaque Paper product
Font Book Publication Newsprint Paper
Oregon

·
Premium Member
2,201 Posts
As an aside a 1991 dollar is worth $2.18 today.
Interesting serial numbers on some of those guns too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts