Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering one of these and would like very much to know the pro's and con's of them. Wondering about all the usual stuff:

accuracy
quality of action
trigger adjustablity
bbl life and break-in
bbl fouling tendencies
cleaning regimen

This is a fine forum, and I appreciate your words of wisdom on this gun. I'm just a Va groundhog hunter. Many thanks....

dan

·
Registered
134 Posts
i like my 882 very much

hello there . well i can tell you i bought mine when the 882ssv first came out and i love it i have shot plenty of rounds through it about five diffrent types brands of ammo and mine likes winchester supreme 34 grain hp,s the best my rifle has allways had good accuracy even with the stock trigger but i put in a rifle basix trigger a few weeks ago and now its even better than before, i allways clean mine after a day at the range and i have never had a fowling problem, i have millet rings on mine and a bushnell trophy 3x9x40 scope all in all iam very happy with my 882ssv hope this helps, david

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I appreciate your post, David. The 822SSV in particular seems pretty nice. And the ammo you suggested seems to give best results with lots of other shooters as well.

Thanks....

dan

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
My 882ssv seems to shoot well. If I do my part it will group under around 1/2 inch groups for five shots at 50 yd. with winchester ammo. It came with a polymer stock and I changed it to a wood laminate stock. The other stock was just a little too flexy for me and I feel the gun shoots better with it

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
For what it's worth - in the Jan 98 Guns & Ammo Proof House one of the 882SSVs were tested:

"Our ammo consisted of Federal 30 gr JHPs , CCI 40 gr FMJ and Winchester's new 34 gr HP Varmint Loads."

"...Winchester Varmint loads , which yielded a five-shot 100 yard group of a half inch. Results from the other loads were somewhat less thrilling. The Federal 30 grainers averaged slightly over 1 1/2 inches and the CCI 40 grain FMJs around two inches."

"Unfortunately , the fly in the accuracy ointment was our rifle's rough, grating , five pound trigger. It was difficult to get a consistent let-off without considerable aggravation."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.