Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad would like to know if he can get a .17 mach2 barrel and put it on his 77/22.Heavy target grey finish.
What all would be involved with this?
I searched for barrels for this gun last night and all the pages that I wanted to look at would not load up.My p.c. was dragging last night!
If this can be done,where can a .17 mach2 barrel be found?I can't seem to find any info. on rugers web site.
Any info. from you ruger fellows would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
103 Posts
they are there

I can't tell you exactly who makes them but I have checked them out myself. when it comes to what is need to make the change. nothing but the barrel. the M2 feeds in the 22lr mag and the base of the round jives with the bolt. change the barrel and go. I believe GM makes one.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Neither Green Mountain or Volquartsen list 17HM2 barrels for the 77/22 on their sites. Lilja does make them though. They are a bull/target barrel, .020 dia, and you will have to open up your barrel channel to fit the new barrel.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Clark makes them for the 77/22 also. I put a .920 X 21" Lilja on a 77/22 target gray finish, it ended up way to heavy for hunting. So I just ordered a Clark 19" X .720 mid weight barrel for it. Nice thing about Clark is they will cut them to any length between 16 1/4" and 21.5" when you order at no extra coast.

·
36,633 Posts
I am shooting a relined Remington Model 11. It is probabaly a little cheaper to reline your dad's barrel. The only draw back is he will not be able to change back to 22. I bought a spare barrel from e-gunparts.com and that way I have both. My Remington is shooting under 1/2 50 yard groups but it is only 4.5 lb rifle with out scope.

The nice thing about the 17M2 in a bolt action is that there is NONE of the problems that the auto conversions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.