Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched the sponsers of the forum but have not been able what I need. I am looking for a 77/22 barrel with a fast 1:8 or 1:9 twist to spin 60 grain subsonics. I also need the barrel treaded so that a silencer can be installed. does anyone know of a company who already manufatures this. the cost of a custom production may push this little toy beyond my willingness to justify.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Barrel

Aguila, that makes the ammo sells barrels for it. Send the barrel to the company you buy your silencer from and let them fit it. They can probably have it ready by the time you get all your paper work done and back from the Feds. To save time and money, check everything out "First" with the dealer your going to use.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
If you plan on using the Aguila SSS

then I would check with the suppressor manufacturer first. Several of them don't want their suppressors used with it as they say the Aguila SSS causes baffle strikes. Baffle strikes=bad

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought one of the GM barrels w/the special twist for 60gr aguila for the 10/22. results were better than a stock barrel, but still with a occaisional and repeated "flyer". bottom line, if you are expecting 1st shot accuracy every time, it isn't predictable. sometimes I'd have the 1st 5 shots in one ragged hole, then a flyer that was 1/4"-1/2" out. then the other 4rds back in the ragged hole. shooting from a rest, at 50 yds. My thought is, stick with subsonic 40gr, like the Wolf Match Target. excellent and most important, consistent ammo. IMHO, more consistent than Rem. Subsonic. I say that after shooting over 2k of Wolf, and 1K of Rem Subsonic. the Rem subsonic was purchased at 2 diff times, and had hotter not squib rounds occaisionally. generally when I was shooting groundhogs in the backyard, and the sonic crack spooked my second target. gggrrrrr!!
Farmall's advise about checking w/suppessor mfg is on point! very important to do that first. or risk needing a repair.
Phil, for threading your barrel, try this link:
www.m60joe.com
joeblack does quality work, has a excellent rep. no worries about threads not concentric with the bore, he does it right.
Must emphasize, check with the mfg of the suppressor you are considering, see if they will cover possible problems with the 60gr Aguila.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had good luck shooting fiocci super pistol match v 300 with my supressed 10/22. they are subsonic. not sure of grain.
when you thread your barrel ask gunsmith to make you a thread protector.
quick tip - if you want to shoot in 'ultra stealth mode'..hold the stock so your right thumb pushes the bolt latch forward when you shoot - to stop the bolt from opening. It doesent take much pressure to do this. if you have a good supressor and shoot in the air on a quiet day all you will hear is the bullet buzzzzzzzz out of the barrell!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.