Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
77/22 bolt dimmentions

Are the bolt dimmensions of the 77/22 lr the same as the 77/22 magnum? I see they are different part numbers. Is there a length difference in the entire action and bolt?

·
Registered
4,093 Posts
C_B -

I just compared the bolts from my 77/22 LR and my son's 77/22 VMBZ. They appear identical except the rim recess on front of the bolt measures very slightly larger (less than .010") on the 22Mag bolt, and the extractors appear to have a little more "beef" on the mag bolt.

Tried 4 different brands of ammo (Winchester, PMC. Federal, and CCI) and none would go into the recess of my 22LR bolt, diameter of rims were just slightly too large. Everything else, length, diameter, etc., appear the same. Regards,

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok guys thanks for the info. I was pretty sure the headspace and/or case rim was different. It sounds like this conversion could be done though if the bolts are the same length. It is rough finding answers with no search option. I find it strange that Ruger wont sell a breech block. Will ruger sell an entire bolt assembly? :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.