Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 77/17syn recently and the first thing I wanted to do was free float the barrel. I found out this was a much more time consuming process than I thought. It seems that only the front part of the barrel and the back of the action were contacting the stock. I found that out by the constant sanding I did without results. So I finally put 2 thin small washers in between the front part of the action(around the screw) and the stock after a lot of sanding and that did the job. Did anyone else have this much trouble and if so was it worth it in the end? I would have done an accuracy test but the simmons when to crap. I may get a green mountain barrel so there will probably be a lot more sanding in my future.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Everything works fine. The washers I used were very thin so they only made a little difference. Plus I did a lot of sanding so I don't think you can just put washers in without sanding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.