Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a 75 target and i have found a lyman targetspot scope will the weaver mounts (bases) that are on the gun work on the set of holes on the barrell or do i need one made for the two holes on the barrell

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
I'm not sure what your asking but the standard hole spacing on scope/sight bases is .562 or .860 center to center. Providing the bases that are on the rifle now have that spacing the standard bases will work. They come in heights from .175 to .795. You will have to figure out what height you need.

T

·
Registered
156 Posts
i have a 75 target and i have found a lyman targetspot scope will the weaver mounts (bases) that are on the gun work on the set of holes on the barrell or do i need one made for the two holes on the barrell
I'm confused. You ask if the bases already on the gun will work on the set of holes on the barrel. If they are on the gun they should be in those holes already. There would normally be two rings on the scope and two bases on the barrel. As indicated above, the hole spacing is different for each of the two bases. The distance between the bases is a different dimension entirely. The Lyman scope tube should be long enough to fit the relatively long spacing between the 75's existing base patterns.

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
This is what the setup should look like if you use the factory holes for the bases, which are on the barrel. This is a Jr TargetSpot on a 69A.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
22ags thanks for the look that is what i wonted to see i have a chance to get the scope how hard is it going to be to find the bases and rings and are there diffrent types that will work and what are they going to cost

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
You can get the scope ring bases from Brownells, there are I think three heights, but you will figure it out by asking them. The rings are a different proposition, available but harder to find and not cheap. Try someone like Gary Fellers or eBay for them, make sure you get the right ones!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.