Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a brick of 711b for $40.00 and it seems to be ok. I'm shooting 50 ft. indoors, off hand gallery matches and if I try really hard I can keep them in the black. How-some-ever, CCI Standard Velocity is $180.00 for a 5000 round case.

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Good is relative

I would not spend $40/500 for 50 foot ammo. Any good standard velocity should be capable of 1/4" or better at 50 feet if you do your part. If you can do that already, then maybe the high end ammo might help win matches. Otherwise, get twice the ammo and practice more. rc

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
50 ft.

rc
I agree.... That is why I mentioned the CCI Standard Velocity. At $18.00 a brick it is ideal for just about anything. My UltraDot 4 MOA red dot is .67 in. at 50 ft. Getting the dot to stand stlll in the center of the black is not so easy. But then.... How do you get to Carneigy Hall? Practice, Practice, Practice

·
Registered
375 Posts
There is no way I'd spend $40 a brick for 711B. When I was buying the good 711B I was paying about $25 a brick. I'd spend the little bit extra for good ammo like Eley Match EPS or Lapua Master. $40 for 711B, you're getting taken.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
$40 Bricks

BB
You are right about being taken. When the dealer asked me to bend over and grab my ankles I got suspicious........
This is a local dealer and I don't do bussiness there anymore.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
711B

Well, I found another source for 711B $218.00/case (5000 rounds) delivered to my house. Fortunately the gent I buy from is a local dealer here in Stratford, CT so there isn't any shipping cost.

I'm Happy!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.